Dare 10 - R

Brendon was laughing softly to himself as Ryan danced around the kitchen while making cookies. He was munching on the pizza rolls Ryan made, already half way through the plate.

"Oh, oh I want some more," Ryan screamed, not caring about staying on key. "Oh, oh what are you waiting for?" Brendon chuckled as Ryan practically wiggling in place as he rolled little balls of cookie dough. "Take a bite of my heart tonight."

"Has anyone ever told you you have the voice of an angel?" Ryan looked over his shoulder wearing a wide smile.

"You would be the first." Brendon propped his head with his hand and admired Ryan standing in front of him. The song ended and just as a new song started, Ryan's phone ringged with a text message notification.

Instinctively, Brendon looked down at the lit up screen, frowning at the name Keltie. Ryan was too busy singing Blink-182 to notice he had a new message. Without thinking Brendon, swiped open the phone and opened up Ryan's messages.

He moved purely on jealous. Keltie's message sat on top of the only two other conversations Ryan had saved, his dad and Brendon.

Keltie: didn't you want me to be your girlfriend

Read 6:13pm

With a shaky finger, Brendon tapped to open up the message. Brendon's stomach dropped when he saw all the back and forth messages. He tried to be optimistic when he saw few replies actually being sent.

Keltie: let's meet up behind the track like we used to

Read 10:23am

Keltie: come on don't keep me waiting I need you

Read 11:01am

Keltie: I know you miss the fun we've had

Read 12:52pm

Keltie: I'm sure you haven't been getting laid we can help each other like old times

Ryan: how about you take a hint and fuck off

Keltie: about time you answer shit

Ryan: stop texting me

Keltie: oh come on what's a girl gotta do to get a little dick around here? Beg cause you know I will for you

Ryan: leave me alone or I'll tell Bernie that you were the one who gave him an STD

Keltie: you asshole what the hell's the matter with you ever since that bitch came around you haven't been yourself

Ryan: LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS

Keltie: what? Mad that I called that pain in the ass a bitch? Maybe if I have another chat with him he'll go away

Ryan: you keep your skanky ass away from him or I'll make sure that the rest of your time in high school is a living hell

Keltie: and what are you gonna do?

Ryan: I know you slept with the science teaching assistant to raise your grade how do you think the principle would feel about that?

Delivered 3:57pm

Keltie: you fucking asshole

Keltie: didn't you want me to be your girlfriend

"What are you reading?" Brendon jumped when Ryan circled his arms around him from behind and rested his head on his shoulder. Brendon froze, giving Ryan the chance to catch him being nosy. "Why are you reading that?"

"I-I'm sorry. I saw the text and I-I just opened it. I'm sorry," Brendon stammered. Ryan kept his position as he grabbed his phone, holding it up as he typed a reply. He didn't try to hide what he was doing, letting Brendon read everything.

Ryan: we all make mistakes but I'll make sure you're not one of mine again

Brendon's eyes grew as Ryan sent the text. Ryan pushed a few more things, blocking and then deleting Keltie's contact. He set the phone down and wrapped his arms back around Brendon.

"Let's dance," he said, nuzzling into Brendon's neck.

"W-what? Are you serious?" Ryan nodded and pulled away. He made sure to pulled Brendon to his feet and spun him around so they were facing each other. "I'm not very good at dancing."

"That's okay. You don't have to be good." Brendon shook his head and pushed gently on Ryan's chest. "I dare you to dance with me."

Brendon bit his lip nervously as Ryan placed his hands on his hips. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around Ryan's neck. The music playing on Ryan's phone was too quick not to make their slow swaying awkward.

"This isn't a good song to dance to." Ryan gazed down at Brendon and subtly shook his head.

"It's okay," he whispered. Brendon tried not to keep eye contact, feeling even more awkward with their closeness. Every so often, he'd look up to see Ryan just watching him, the tiniest smile pulling up the corner of his lip.

What?" Brendon eventually asked, curious as to why Ryan kept looking so intently at him. When he didn't get a response, he looked up, locking eyes with the other. Ryan had stopped this swaying but didn't pull away just yet.

"Can I kiss you?" Brendon's heart skipped a beat at the request. Did he really just ask that? Do people do that? He was asking like on the lips right? Ryan stayed quiet, waiting for consent.

Brendon could feel his heart beating in his throat when he gave a nod. His hands gripped onto Ryan's shirt, needing something physical to hold onto. The room went silent when he saw Ryan leaned down.

He held his breath and shut his eyes when Ryan carefully pushed their lips together. He never imagined how gently Ryan could be. His softly lips fit almost perfectly against his own. He quickly engraved the moment in his mind before Ryan could pull away.

A timer rang, breaking the trace Brendon was in. Ryan pulled away and wore a wide smile, not taking his eyes off Brendon. The shorter boy was shaking slightly in disbelief. It was hard to believe that actually happened. The time was still going off, distracting Brendon from his thoughts.

"I uh, I think the cookies are done," Brendon whispered. Ryan chuckled softly.

"The cookies," he repeated, voice distant. He pulled away with another chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. "Oh, right the cookies! I'll get them."

Brendon sat down and watched Ryan bring the tray out of the oven. He couldn't focus on what was actually around him. He was too busy internally cheering. He just had his first real kiss with Ryan.