CHP 6

The drive to Jimin's house is quiet. He spends the majority of his time in tender peace just staring out the window, watching mindlessly as the things outside pass them by. But other than that, he's blushing madly anytime his and Jeongguk's hands brush over the console. He's just decided to keep his hand in his lap.

Jimin has also figured out that So-Young is a veterinarian, and that's why she was up so early in the morning getting ready. His respect for her falls nothing of short and as he sits, wondering what it would be like to be held in the arms of the policeman, he scolds himself in his head.

He's being bad and he knows he is. He's aware of how dangerous his thoughts are and what actions they have potential to lead up to. But that doesn't mean he can stop them from running rampant in his mind. It's been so long since he's had somebody take care of him that now that he has a faint taste of remembrance of what it's like, he yearns for just the same and maybe even more.

He can't help himself, but he knows he at least has to try. He won't allow himself to ruin a perfectly good marriage just because of his selfish desires.

"Jimin?"

Said male perks up, peering to his left. They're already parked outside of the teacher's house much to his surprise.

"Yeah? Sorry... lost in thought," he replies while rubbing at his nape sheepishly.

"I was just wondering if you've gotten any texts from your ex recently," Jeongguk says and Jimin purses his lips, pulling out his phone. He checks his messages and finds that his inbox is empty. He shakes his head.

"Okay. You will tell me otherwise, right?" Officer Jeon asks, not really giving Jimin a chance to choose his answer seeing as the way the man's tone is driven causes him to nod his head obediently and without thought.

"Good. Now let's go grab some of your things," Jeongguk says and Jimin shakes his head.

"You don't have to come inside with me. Just as long as you're out here, I'm okay," the teacher argues and Officer Jeon sends Jimin a pointed look.

"You really think I'm going to let you go into your old house by yourself? You're crazy," he states and hops out of his car, causing Jimin to puff his cheeks out in frustration.

His door is pulled open for him and so he steps out of the vehicle, glowering at Jeongguk.

"Get angry all you want. Just don't be stupid," he retorts brashly and Jimin gapes at him.

"Stupid? I'm not being stupid. I just don't need you to babysit me. Yeah, I appreciate your concern but I can quickly run into my house by myself and grab a couple of things," the teacher argues with crossed arms and the policeman sighs.

"Fine. But I'm going to stay right here," Jeongguk says firmly as he crosses his own arms, leaning against his car. He raises a brow while he stares at the teacher as if challenging him to enter the house by himself.

"Good. I won't be long," Jimin replies, deciding to ignore the thin layer of frustration lining the man's words.

He sighs softly and unlocks his door, entering his home. It's much smaller compared to Jeongguk's, yet feels much colder just in general and as well as to the touch. Knowing he won't be long, he decides to keep his sneakers on his feet as he walks down a hallway, entering his bedroom.

He rustles through his small closet and decides to pick out the pieces of clothing he wears most often. He then stuffs them into a bag, slinging it over his shoulder.

Yet as the lights go out, his heart stops and immediately he's brought back to the night at the school. Jimin rushes for his bedroom door, only to find out that it's been locked from the outside. His hands shake and his eyes brim with tears as he pulls out his phone, desperately pressing on the screen to dial Jeongguk's number.