↠ k.nj

You gritted your teeth in frustration. Still, your polite smile never wavered in front of the irritated customer. "I don't think you understand that you have to pay even if you ate half of the muffin, ma'm." Yeah, you could have said it in a better way but you've been at this for ten minutes.

"I'm telling you that I won't!" The woman huffed in anger.

Ah, why did the fridge in the back have to go out? That's the only reason why the cafe had to open sooner than later and in reality, you guys needed around ninety-nine thousand won! Of course. it wasn't going to be smooth sailing. That just wasn't your luck today. Even from here, you could see Homura's angry expression along with Michael's annoyed face.

"Well," You pondered, giving her false hope that you would discard. But, no. You were going to play with her a little. "I can just always sue you." The polite smile never left your face. "You do know that we have cameras, so I can just check it."

"Fine!" The woman snapped and threw the money on the counter. Then she stormed out of the cafe. You shrugged, collecting the money. Your two siblings immediately relaxed, glad she was gone. After putting away the money, you breathe a sigh of relief. Woohoo! She's finally gone!

"You really do have a duality complex, huh?" A familiar voice spoke up.

You were slightly startled but a genuine smile formed on your face. "I guess so. Why? Like it?"

Namjoon chuckled, making that dimple pop out. "Sure. You were adorable then got a murderous look in your eye."

You frowned at that. "I had to do it! I've been dealing with her for the past ten minutes!"

"Fifteen." Homura corrected as she walked behind the counter to get a pastry. Huh. You could have sworn it was ten but oh well.

Namjoon's eyebrows rose up in surprise. "Really?" Then his eyes lit up in excitement. "Wait." He smiled at Homura. "I want to guess... ukaku?" He still had his bright smile on his face, waiting for her answer.

Homura blinked at him. "Why do you know about types?" Her voice was low and in a whisper.

"He researched us apparently." You interjected, whispering to Homura. Your sibling didn't kept a blank expression on before it slowly transitioned into a confused one. Still, Namjoon waited excitedly like a puppy waiting to be praised.

At last, Michael came over and paused at the situation. "What's going on?" He was slightly scared to find out the answer.

"Let me guess!" Namjoon now turned his attention to your little brother. "Kokaku?" You could hear the hope in his voice. Just like when you answered a question in math class, hoping to be right.

Michael's face was now similar to Homura's. "That's not a good first impression for meeting Y/N's family."

In all honesty, you turned to Michael to ask what he meant by that exactly. But Namjoon was already making a fool of himself. "I-I'm sorry!" He apologized with a blush on his face. "I didn't mean to just ask!"

You sighed and leveled a glare on your brother. "Don't tease him like that."

"Sorry. It was a perfect opportunity." Michael held a mischievous smile. "Didn't think he would be interested in ghouls." His eyes grew wide and kept his mouth shut. The one thing that was not to be spoken about. You were pretty sure that you and Homura had disappointed looks on your faces.

A man that walked behind Namjoon to pay scoffed. "Ghouls? I don't understand why you would be interested in them. They kill people."

You just kept your mouth shut about the topic. "It comes to ten thousand won." You simply said but oh, Namjoon wasn't going to stand there and say anything.

"Not all of them." Namjoon said as the man handed over the money. "Just like people, there's good and bad ones. Not sure why you would generalize a species because of the few bad ones." He looked ready to fight. The man was ready to counter it but instead walked out of the cafe.

Michael lowly whistled. "I now like him better. You should date this one, Y/N."

You could feel yourself blush. "Michael!" You tried to smack him on his arm but he disappeared back into the kitchen. Agh! You can't believe he would say something like that! It wasn't a bad idea but still! To say it in front of him?! Carefully, you glanced at Namjoon to see him in a flustered state. From here, you could barely see a blush on his cheeks and his eyes were wide in surprise. You couldn't tell if he was happy or not.

"I think I have to agree with Michael although I don't really want to." Homura reluctantly agreed.

At this point, you were begging for them to not embarrass Namjoon anymore. "Just stop!"

Homura shrugged. "It's the truth though. Want me to lie?" She left those words to hang in the air as she went to go greet a person who entered the cafe and check up on the other customers.

"I-I'm so sorry about them." You immediately apologized, turning your full attention to Namjoon.

He was slowly snapping out of his flustered state. "I-It's okay." He stammered, awkwardly clearing his throat. "But it was a pretty good suggestion." Now, he averted his gaze away from you.

The words basically went in through one ear and stayed right in your mind. Were you hearing that right? "Okay." You said as if you were still in a daze which was true. "Can you say that again but more slowly?"

Namjoon shook his head. "No! I can't believe I said that! It was embarrassing..." He muttered but thanks to that excellent hearing of yours, it was crystal clear. So you were going to tease him on it. You had to do it.

"Ah." You pretended to look upset. "I get it. You don't want to date me, right?"

Immediately, Namjoon shook his head. "I do!" He shouted quite loudly that caught the attention of almost everyone. Homura just stared along with the customers except for one who had their headphones in. Meanwhile, you could practically hear Michael laughing his ass off.

Still, hearing the statement made you blush. C'mon, who wouldn't when he was practically adorable! "Do you want to talk upstairs?" You offered, to save him from some of the looks some customers gave him.

"Yes please." He answered, trying his best to not look at the others in the cafe. You nodded and let him behind the counter. Not before chewing out Michael. "Shut up!" You hissed at him.

"I'm sorry but-" Michael tried to quit laughing but was failing miserably. "He really had to do it at the most quiet time?"

"Work the counter." You growled. Then, you settled a glare on him and ushered Namjoon upstairs.

Once he was away from everyone, he gave you an apologetic smile. "S-Sorry. I didn't mean to shout like that."

How could you be mad at him? He looked way too adorable right now but that's not what your brain should be thinking at this moment! "But are you serious?" You questioned him, eyes watching as how he froze.

"Yes. I'm definitely sure. Unless you don't like me which is going to be really awkward." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh! I thought you wouldn't like me." You honestly confessed.

Namjoon's eyes widened in response. "You didn't think I would?"

"Just go out already!" A new voice entered the conversation. Surprise filled you as it was Rei. He must have just gotten back from Japan. His eyes landed on Namjoon. "Ah. You're that Nam... Namjoon guy?"

"Yes sir!" Namjoon's entire posture changed.

Before your friend could say anything, Rei continued. "Literally just go out. I just want to sleep so if you excuse me." He then retreated to his room with his bags.

"Looks like we are." You laughed as Namjoon smiled, making those dimples pop out. Being bold, you gave him a peck on the cheek. "C'mon." You held out your hand and he took it. Then you led him back downstairs and out from the corner of your eye, he could see his grinning smile. "So did you come all the way here to see me?" You teased.

Namjoon pouted a bit. "That was mostly the reason. And I wanted coffee." You could only laugh at the adorable male. Well, this was something that you didn't think you would be declaring today. But it made you very delighted.