15: Truth Coming To Light

"Having to demote Hasley and sentence you in front of the whole pack, you pair of sisters have brought your father to shame." Alpha George's commented sarcastically as he glared down at a shaking Hailee.

She was kneeling down on the ground along with her accomplices who had aided her.

With all the evidences and statements, it was all pointed at her for attempting to murder me not once, but multiple times.

The culprits, Wesley and John have been caught and they had admitted to being instigated to murder me.

As I stood at the square, an arm wrapped around my waist as Lance squeezed, giving me comfort in silence.

It was what I needed the most right now, knowing that today will be the day where my sister will be sentenced for her crimes.

Dad was standing in a distance away with all emotions voided on his face.

He didn't seem fazed that his daughter was going to be sentenced today which was surprising to me. "May I add on, Alpha?"

He motioned for him to continue in which he began with a monotonous voice, "Bring him here."

A shivering figure cuffed with ropes was dragged to the center as he knelt down next to a fearful Hailee. Who is he that he could bring out such immense fear from this haughty brat?

"Do you know him?" Lance asked me while all I did was to shake my head with a puzzled look on my face. I tried to recall whether I had seen this man before, but couldn't remember a thing.

Perhaps, he was involved in another conspiracy set up by Hailee again.

"Hailee, I'm sure you can recognise who this man is." Dad said, his eyes were dull and dark as he glanced down at his daughter. This whole time, dad has been investigating on his own daughter.

To think that he was always so silent and busy minding his own business, I did not expect that he would actually do this to his own daughter. What unforgivable crime did she commit that he had to expose her in front of the whole pack?

He continued, turning to look at me as he gestured, "Hasley, step in front."

My eyes lit up with hope that he had finally acknowledged me as I shifted my eyes towards Lance for a moment before walking towards the center as I stood beside my sister.

I bowed and greeted them in respect, "Alpha, Beta."

Next to me, I could sense Hailee panicking as her unsettled eyes stared at the man kneeling beside her. "Hailee, do you wish to admit to your crimes?"

"What heinous crimes have I done? I did nothing! I have been framed!" She exclaimed aloud, trying to push the blame away from herself as always. She had the guts to commit, but had no balls to admit her mistakes.

"Framed? You dare to say you are being framed? I wish I had never given birth to a bastard daughter like you!" He snapped furiously, instantly shutting her mouth as tears ran down her cheeks in horror.

She must have never expected a day like this to happen to her. But as always, what goes around, comes around. One day, she would be hit by karma for all the bad things she had done.

"Four months ago, you assaulted the Luna the night when you were drunk. Your sister was trying to stop you, but instead you knocked her unconscious and made her your scapegoat. You caused her to be demoted to an Omega and had me severed ties with one of my own daughters. Do you know what you have done?" A tear escaped from my tear duct as I clenched my fists firmly.

That night was a night I would never forget, the drunken Hailee who I had looked up to as an older sister had assaulted the Luna in front of my eyes. In order to stop her, I did not expect myself to fall into her trap and was knocked out by her.

By the time I had woken up, I found myself sleeping in the cells while she stood behind the bars and told me to stop resisting and admit to my crimes. She told me if I admitted, she would be grateful towards me for her entire life.

Yet, she lied and betrayed me repeatedly. She even wanted me dead just to cover up for her crimes and maintain her disgusting reputation which she had desired so much.

Finally, the day has come for her where she would land in the same spot as I did four months ago. This was what she had deserved.

"What the Beta said was true, I had witnessed Hailee assaulting the Luna during that night. Hasley was at the scene but unfortunately, she was knocked out by her and she became the perpetrator instead. In order to shut my mouth, Hailee had given me a huge sum of money to get rid of me." The man finally confessed as the sole witness on that night itself.

That had explained why Hailee had been so fearful of him the moment he had appeared.

"Is this true, Hailee?" A disgusted look settled on the Alpha's face as he shook his head in utter disappointment. She shook her head continuously, refusing to admit to her mistakes.

"This is not true, Alpha. Everything is a set up, it's Hasley who wants me dead!" She cried in desperation, wanting to push the blame back to me, despite the situation ending up like this.

He growled in annoyance, "At a time like this, you are still being so adamant and spewing nonsense?"

She shook her head as though her world has fallen apart, her sanity lost as she started laughing on her own. Her expression had changed from a look of confusion to a fit of laughter as she had went berserk.

My heart ached at the sight of my sister going bonkers. She had literally turned into a different person as she hugged my legs like a child, she looked up at me with an innocent wide smile, "Mother, you promised to give me flowers. Where's my flowers?"

I choked as I held back my tears, "Mother?" I bent down to my knees and gently caressed her hair, staring at her in bewilderment, "What happened to you, sister?"

The Alpha heaved a huge sigh as he glanced down at her poor figure, "Guards, bring her to the asylum facility and lock her up."

A tear rolled down my cheek as I had come to a realisation that all this time when she had commit all those crimes, she had slowly turned into an insane woman.

All of this was not her doing, but the demons inside of her. She had slowly succumbed to letting her demons take over that she had absolutely no control of what she was doing anymore.

She was not the same Hailee as she was before.

As I watched with my own pair of eyes that she was taken away by the guards, I crumbled onto the ground. I was unable to accept the fact that my sister had turned out this way.

Warm arms wrapped itself around my petite body as I knew who it was. I stayed in his embrace for as long as I could remember, appreciating the current moment where he gave me comfort in silence.

"From now on, Hasley Advill will be restored back to her original rank in the pack as the Beta's daughter. As for Hailee Advill, she will be locked up in the asylum facility for life."

X

Like | Comment | Share

17 Feb'21