37

"Tell me again why we're going to another high school dance when we're not in high school?" Charlotte asked

"Tell me again why we're going to another high school dance when we're not in high school?" Charlotte asked. She was sitting on Klaus' bed as he pulled open the garment bags Rebekah had given them when she'd forcefully invited them to the latest high school decade dance.

"Because Rebekah's making me go and if I have to go you do too," Klaus replied, grinning as he admired the suit he was to wear.

Charlotte wrinkled her nose, "Things always go terribly at these dances I attend."

"Like what?"

"Well the last one involved a five hour hospital visit," she said, moving on quickly when Klaus' face darkened, she still sported the bruise on her face although it was healing fairly well all things considered, "and the one before this guy kept harassing me all night."

Klaus stiffened, the suit he was holding falling to the bed as his neck snapped to face her, "Who?"

"You might know him," Charlotte said nonchalantly, fiddling with the ends of her hair so Klaus didn't catch the smirk on her face, "Tall, dirty blonde hair, pretty old," here Klaus' eyes narrowed as he caught on to the game, "weird accent."

"You know most people find my accent charming."

"Really?" Charlotte furrowed her brows as she caught his eyes, "Huh, the more you know I suppose."

"You've become awfully brave recently darling," Klaus began stalking slowly towards her, a playful from on his face, "did you not know I'm the most powerful being in the world."

"Ooooh," Charlotte teased, "terrifying."

Klaus sped over suddenly and before she could react he'd pressed her against the bed with her hands pinned above her head, Charlotte was giggling so hard tears were squeezing out from the sides of her eyes when a phone rang behind them. Unable to move her upper body, Charlotte wrapped her legs around Klaus' waist in an attempt to keep him with her on the bed. This unfortunately did the exact opposite of keeping him in place when he simply stood with her legs wrapped around him and his arm around her waist as he sped to the ringing phone.

"Charlotte's phone," Klaus answered, tugging it away when Charlotte reached her hand out for it.

"Is this Klaus?" she could hear Caroline's voice through the phone, obviously confused as to why a member of the Mikaelson family, much less Klaus, was answering her phone

"It's me. Hi," Charlotte had finally snatched her phone back and pulled it to her ear, "Caroline, what's up?"

"So I told Matt to tell you like weeks ago but you know how terrible at these things and so I don't know if he did say anything to you, but theres a decade dance tonight," as Caroline spoke, Klaus who was still holding Charlotte sped them to the wall, grinning when her breath caught in her throat in surprise as she was pressed against it and he began to kiss her neck, "it's the twenties which totally sucks because I had this great seventies idea all organised but then that bitch Rebekah-"