37

Chapter 37:
HE DID

Selena and Martha looked at each other, before returning to Taylor who looked very drunk with watery eyes.

Taylor called Selena and Martha since she returned from the hospital to come to her apartment. When they got there, what they both saw was a very drunk Taylor who was sitting on the floor with several bottles of wine nearby.

Martha chuckled amusedly when Taylor was about to pour an empty bottle which she thought was full into her drinking glass but, Selena tapped Martha's shoulder so she could be quiet. Selena grabbed one of the empty wine bottles and kept it away from Taylor who now seemed to be crying. Her eyes were runny and her face turned red. The sight before Selena is very different from the Taylor she got used to before. Taylor looks very cheerful in the morning and evening, basically she looks happy 24/7, but now she looks the opposite.

"Do you keep getting drunk without explaining anything to us? You called us just to see you being drunk? Surely, Taylor, I have a lot of work." Selena rolled her eyes and sighed.

Taylor sighed before saying casually, "Zayn Fucking Malik proposed to me. He said he wanted to make a new family with him, Olivia and me. How sweet is that?"

Selena and Martha gaped and glared together as Taylor suddenly laughed like a mad woman. Martha walked over and shook the girl's shoulder. "Damn! You must be too drunk to say something like that, right? How could he ask you to be his wife? You must be kidding, right?!"

Taylor rolled her eyes and removed Martha's hand from her shoulder. "Holyfuck. Why don't you ask him directly? He really told me that!"

Martha was discouraged for a moment and sat down calmly next to Selena. Selena tapped Martha's shoulder and whispered, "When Taylor's drunk, she's usually honest, Mar. Besides, how could Zayn like you. If he wasn't with Taylor, he would end up with me."

Selena's words made Martha squint at her annoyance. Selena chuckled before looking at Taylor. "So what's your problem with the proposal? If you like it, just say 'yes, I want to marry you' or if not, just say 'sorry, I already love someone else' or 'sorry, you're not my type, even though you are the most handsome man I've ever met '. "

Taylor shook her head. "I don't know what to answer. I don't know if I like him or not."

Martha pursed her lips. "You're not in a relationship with anyone, Taylor. So, I don't think it's a problem. You should be grateful for getting a guy like Zayn. He's very handsome and rich too. Your life is guaranteed with him."

Taylor responds to Martha's words with a shake of her head.

Martha looked at her with narrowed eyes. Selena paused for a moment before squinting at Taylor and asking, "Don't tell me that you and Harry are still in touch."

Taylor kept silent, not answering her questions and that's a pretty clear answer for Selena.

Selena sighed as she commented, "Are you still in touch with him? All this time? I was quite impressed. He was very busy and still took the time to meet you. That's good."

Again, Taylor responded with a shake of her head. "I never saw him again, after our separation at the airport, which was one year ago."

Selena furrowed her brows. "But he's still in touch with you. I don't understand."

"We just got in contact a few days ago. Previously we lost contact. But he had promised to meet me."

Martha rolled her eyes. "You still believe in men who likes to make promises? Taylor, Zayn proposed to you with full certainty and yet, you're still thinking of a man who doesn't even give you certainty. I'm not even sure if that guy is better looking than Zayn."