Ship 🛳

I saw Sokka trying to beat up Zuko and failing miserably, usually I would laugh, but after Sokka's boomerang hit Zuko on the back of his head, he started getting ready to firebend. Before I could do anything, Aang sleighed under him causing Zuko to be thrown back. I laughed and catched up to Aang, "that's what you get, you firecracker!" I yelled while airbending a small ball towards his feet making him fall again. Aang laughed as the village cheered for us, happy to see us again.

Zuko and his men stood up and started surrounding us in a semi circle. Before the men could firebend, I got in front of Aang, airbending a wave of snow over them. "Back off or you'll get hurt" I threatened them.

"You're an airbender? You're the avatar?" Zuko questioned me while melting the snow on him. He got into a fighting stance and so did I while glaring at him waiting for his next move. Behind me I could hear Katara and Sokka speaking in disbelief after what Zuko said. Aang stood beside me, getting into a fighting stance as well.

"I'll fight with you!"

"No." I immediately replied and before he could say anything else, I continued, "I know you want to, but I'm your protector, I was trained for this. Make sure they don't turn into collateral damage." I gestured towards the village behind us, Aang hesitated, but in the end agreed.

"I've spent years preparing for this encounter, training, meditating. You're just child!" He fired blast at me, I countered by throwing an equally matched air blast to try to cancel out the attack, "I'm just a child? I'm the same age as you, idiot!" I say as I throw a concentrated air blast towards his face, he dodges it, but his cheek still gets scratched making it bleed a little. He continues throwing fire blasts and I continue to counter it while Aang is behind me blowing away the fire shot at him by Zuko's minions. I hear shrieks and turn around to see Aang struggling to deflect fire that almost hit the village. I sighed and stopped, "if we go with you, will you promise to leave everyone alone?" Zuko nods and as if on cue, the soldiers take our air gliders and detain us, walking us towards the fire navy ship.

"No, y/n! Aang, don't do this!" Katara yells concerned about us.

"Don't worry" I say looking back to face her, "we'll be okay." I tell her as I give her a reassuring smile, "take care of Appa for the meanwhile!" I manage to get out before the ship's door closes.

.....

"These staffs will make an excellent gift for my father." Zuko says while inspecting our gliders. I scoff and he turns to me and glares. "I suppose you wouldn't know of fathers, being raised by monks and all" he said insensitively in a somewhat mocking tone. 'Oh hell the fuck no, you did not just cross that line.'

"I'd rather not have a father than have one who banished me" I snicker, hitting one of Zuko's nerve.

"What the hell do you know!" Zuko snaps angrily at me.

"Hey, I mean, word travels fast" I shrug, 'welp that's a fucking lie' I mentally chuckle knowing I'm lying straight to his face.

"Take the avatar and her brother to the prison hold!" Zuko snaps once again, making me want to chuckle knowing that he's got it all wrong. The guards started dragging us to the prison hold which resides in the bottom of the ship.

"I guess you've never fought an airbender before huh? I bet I can take you both on" Aang says pestering the guards

"Quiet." One of the guards say, I turn around to face Aang and nod at him slightly. He nods back and starts to build up his sneeze, nostrils flaring. Right before he sneezed, I jump up avoiding it, Aang flew back with the guard that was behind him and the guard in front of us knocked out thanks to the sneeze impact. I quickly unlock my cuffs and run to where Aang is at, "slow down, idiot!" I say trying to catch up to him.

"The prisoners have escaped!" One guard alerts the ship. I sigh and stop running, "AANG!" I yell towards him making him look back to face me, "make sure to retrieve my air glider!" I say as I turn to fight the guards surrounding me, Aang nods and continues running.

~ Time skip brought to you by baby Appa ~

I've been fighting the guards for 10 minutes by now, 'damn they just keep coming, persistent hags' I huff, becoming more exhausted by the second. "Y/n!" I turn to face the voice and see Aang hovering over me in his glider and throwing my glider towards me.

"Thanks!" I say as I catch the glider and open it, spinning it with all my might making the guards fall back and trip. I turn to see Zuko and Aang tumbling after Zuko succeeded to bring Aang down out of the sky from his glider. We hear a growl and turn to face the direction of the familiar sound, my eyes flicker in excitement.

————
Sorry for the boring chapter and if there are mistakes it's cause I'm writing this at 4 AM 😭