Chapter 9

"w-what?" I stuttered, my thoughts racing.

Tessa just nodded, looking at her feet.

This can't be happening. A mind control device is under the school, and according to Lucas people are planning on using it.

"We have to tell the rest of the team." I said, gathering my words.

I couldn't think. My thoughts were full of complete and utter nonsense.

"I know. I just thought you should know first." She replied.

We both stood up and sighed. The bell rang and we parted ways, but I couldn't focus at all.

I went to my next class (gym) and changed into my suit.

The obstacle course was easy, and I passed through it, but not as fast as normal. All I could think about was last night, and then Tessa telling me what she saw.

"Team Omega to the team room please" My ear piece rang and I jumped.

I guess we have a mission today. Wow this week is eventful so far.

First we have a mission, then a new kid, oh and then he gets on our team! Then Lucas has a bad feeling and I find out there's a weapon that can pretty much end the world.

I walked into the team room and sat down, trying to pretend I don't know about the weapon. Tessa did a good job because she always hides things.

"Okay team. You have a mission today. It's pretty basic, just a couple of gang thieves trying to steal this artifact in a secret warehouse." Mr. Peterson said and we all nodded.

"The coordinates are programmed into the car, now get a move on! We have intel that this group is almost there."

We ran out the door and to the car, getting in and driving off. The drive was long, a full 2 hours.

The car made it more around 1 hour, because of technology and shortcuts.

Once we got there we hid in the bushes and waited for the thieves to show up. I told the team my plan and they agreed with it. Everyone went to their places and the show started.

One man ran up and looked around, planting some sort of device on the ground. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

The man quickly ran inside the warehouse, Blake following close behind him.

The device then released a gas and I motioned for the team to run inside. They followed suit and we hid behind some walls.

Blake looked confused but I put my finger up to my mouth to tell him to stay quiet.

The artifact was in the middle of the room for some reason (like honestly how stupid is the hero league my god)

More people came in through other doors and I froze.

I thought Mr. Peterson said this was a basic mission? There had to be at least 20 men there.

I looked outside and I saw even more people. They looked as if they were all wearing the same thing. Maybe henchmen?

"What do we do?" Aura whispered.

I looked over at her, then back at the artifact. "We can take them. Just use a sneak attack." I whispered back.

We all separated and hid. Once someone tried to take the item, we attacked the henchmen.

I kicked one in the side and then punched another in the face.

Aura from the other side of the room was fighting well, so was Lucas, and so was Tessa.

I looked behind me and kicked another guy in the legs, causing them to buckle. I looked over at Blake, who seemed to be doing fine.

More people just kept showing up. It was like there was no end. We kept fighting and fighting.

One by one they took us down.

Very surprisingly, Tessa was first. Her powers kept failing her, so she was forced to use hand to hand combat. People kept ambushing her to get her out of the way.

I tried to help but Aura had it covered. That's why she was second.

I ran to help them but was too late as they had already fallen. I took on more men as Lucas fell. Blake helping him as he did.

I looked at Blake and he ran toward me. We faced back to back, ready to take on the rest of these people.

Okay, pause for a second. Why are there so many people here? At first I thought it was a cult, but it seems like there are still too many people for it to be a cult.

As I fought I kept thinking, my heart racing.

The Villain League.

They wanted the weapon. This artifact was a piece for the weapon.

"Blake!" I yelled.

"What?" He yelled back.

"It's for the weapon!" I told him, and he looked over at me.

"Taylor watch out!" He said.

I felt something hit my head and my vision blurred. I could feel myself getting weak.

"Ears!" I cautioned, and with every bit of strength I had left in me, I screamed.

____________________

I woke up to Tessa shaking me awake. We were still in the warehouse, but the artifact was gone. I sat up as quick as I could and noticed everyone else was already awake.

"I guess this is as good of a time as any." Tessa said, standing up.

"The weapon is a mind control device." She told them, and they all froze.

"You knew all this time?" Lucas sighed and Tessa nodded.

"Tessa you should have told us." Aura said while looking down, crossing her arms as she did so.

"Look. Now you guys know. We have to fix this." I demanded.

"What is there to fix snow? They took the artifact." Blake stated.

"I know that genius. But they still need more parts, so if we stop them from getting those, they won't be able to use the weapon." I said smiling.

"How do you know we are gonna be assigned missions where they need something for the weapon?" Lucas asked and I smirked.

"We're gonna hack the system."

________________

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 16K READS!

reminder: Your life is worth living :)