Wanted

Tommy had asked you to do a job for him resulting in a few gun fights luckily you weren't hurt in them but you had killed the head of the family which was your job set by Tommy but you were spotted meaning you were now wanted by the new leader of the gang. It took you a week to get back to Birmingham as you had to get rid of any trace of yourself therefore dumping cars, getting on many trains and breaking into someones home to stay the night. You had heard rumours people thought you were dead meaning John, your husband, probably thought it too as you were only to go for two days, yet you have been a week. John was worried sick and Tommy had set many Peaky Blinders out to find you and when they came back without you John would loose more and more hope.  

---

It was early in the morning about two o'clock and everything was silent, well the occasional drunk and group of men but that was normal. Walking quickly, glancing over your shoulder ever so often to make sure you weren't being followed, nights were the easiest to get away from the people following you. Making your way towards the Grassion that is dimly lite, you knew John and his brothers wouldn't be here at this time therefore you could go in without questions. You just wanted a whiskey and sleep and you knew Harry would let you. Slowly entering, head down, hands in your coats pocket. You glace to the side seeing the booth the Shelby brothers would normally be in was open and no one was inside. The pub was to be closing in five minuets and it was empty except the two men in the corner drinking beer talking to each other in hushed voices. You walk up to the bar, Harry was staring into space cleaning glasses and putting them on the shelf, you clear your throat making Harry spin around on his heel. A wide smile appears on his face as he sees you but it quickly changes into a frown looking at the cuts on the side of your head, the dried up blood that was running down your nose, your hat covered the cut down your temple. 'Harry whiskey please' you say no emotion, looking in the corner of your eye at the men huddled in the corner, they were still looking over at you and you notice one of the men were at the gun fight. 'Sure thing Mrs Shelby' he says with a small smile. 'Harry I need to stay here tonight I will sleep in the booth, and I need you to lock the doors when those men start to walk over here' He gives you a confused look and glaces over your shoulder as he places the whiskey in front of you. 'Mrs Shelby do you want me to get your husband' 'No its fine just...once that door is locked I want you to stay somewhere safe' 'Yes Mrs Shelby' you give him a small smile as you sip on your whiskey. 

There is a awkward silence only the sound of your fingers  drumming against the bar table. The men walk to the bar, standing next to you as one of the men place a pound on the table, you sip on your whiskey looking in the corner of your eye as one of the men place their hand in his pocket taking out a knife. You are quick to react slamming your glass on his head causing his to fall back putting his head in his hands as he cries in pain. Harry is quick to run to lock the doors making sure nobody can get in. You turn your attention to the man standing with a knife out ready to hurt you, as he goes stab you, you grab the side of his wrist and twist around his back causing his to let go of the knife and cry in pain as you twist on his arm. Dead legging him, he crashes on the floor. Quickly picking up the knife and without a second thought slicing his neck letting him bleed out turning around to the man who lays on the floor glass in his head, you take out your gun and shoot him in the chest killing him there and then. 

---

You told Harry to return home and you would clean up the mess. It was six in the morning when you finished, you called Charlie's farm and got Curly to take the bodies away to dump them somewhere. You walk behind the bar pouring yourself a whiskey sighing at the faint blood stains on the floor, you walk over to the booth were the Shelby brothers would be in a few hours and close the door behind you. Crashing your body into one of the chairs, you let your hair fall down and wrap your coat around your body, closing your eyes letting your body and mind rest after these sleepless nights.