XXXVI: love of my life

After a long day of playing and getting to know her new grandparents, Chunhei was absolutely exhausted. In the afternoon, we took her for a walk around town and to show Yoongi where I grew up. We ended the day with dinner at my favorite restaurant and ice cream, as suggested by papa. 

On the walk back home, Chunhei complained of being too tired to walk the rest of the way home. The spoiled girl she is, she was immediately fussed over and scooped up into her papa's arms where she immediately fell asleep. We all laugh as her light snores ring softly as we walk back home. 

"So," Mama begins, looking over to Yoongi and I, "YN's told me some pretty crazy stories about Chunhei's biological mother." 

"Ma!" I scold, not wanting the mood to turn sour. 

"It's okay, jagi," Yoongi assures, squeezing my hand which was intertwined with his, "Crazy isn't even good enough to describe her, mama." 

This turns into Yoongi talking about Yuna and her crazy advances to get back into Chunhei's life. 

"What a lunatic," Mama huffs as we walk up the driveway, "Does she even know Chunhei's birthday?"

"She googled it," Yoongi scoffs. 

We walk back into the house and take our coats and shoes off. 

"I'll put this little love bug to bed," Papa smiles, stroking the little girl's hair, "You two are probably tired, too. Go on and get ready for bed." 

We thank papa as he goes upstairs to put Chunhei in the guest room. 

"I'm gonna make some tea. You two want a cup?" Mama asks from the kitchen. 

"Yes please! We'll go and wash up then come back down." 

Yoongi and I head upstairs to my room. I open the door for him and Yoongi immediately falls onto the bed, letting out a satisfied groan. I giggle and walk over to him. He reaches out and grabs my hand, pulling me down onto him. 

"Tired?" I ask, adjusting my body so I was laying my head on his chest. 

"Mhmm," Yoongi responds, "Wait, get up a sec." 

I get up and walk over to our suitcases. I unzip it and pull out some sweatpants. I rummage through the t-shirts I brought before giving up and snatching one of Yoongi's hoodies he'd brought. 

I walk into the bathroom and change my clothes, tying my hair up into a messy bun. I wipe my makeup off and do the rest of my skincare routine before walking back into the room. I look over to my bed and see Yoongi with his back leaned onto the headboard and his eyes closed. I shake my head and pad over, getting in beside him. 

"Yoon," I whisper, shaking him slightly, "You gotta put on your pajamas."

He simply groans in response, uncrossing his arms and reaching out for me, "Just wanna cuddle for a bit." 

"Go and freshen up, I'll get the tea from mama and head back up," I untangle myself from him. 

He finally opens his eyes, yawning softly, "No, I'll meet you downstairs." 

We both get up, Yoongi going over to our suitcase while I head to the door. 

"Is that my hoodie?"

"See you downstairs!" I giggle, rushing out of the room. 

Once I'm in the hallway, I decide to check up on Chunhei, who had been asleep for about an hour now. 

I walk in and see her in some pajamas, the clothes she'd been in earlier folded neatly on top of the dresser across the room. I walk over and see that she's sleeping peacefully, small snores coming out of her slightly opened lips. I mentally awe and lean down, giving her a kiss on her forehead while moving her hair out of her face.