𝟏.𝟖. 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/𝟏.𝟖. 
☆ LIFE AND DEATH ☆
"𝓦𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓭𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮, 𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓮?"

☆꧁*꧂☆

   RAYS OF SUNSHINE coming through the entrance of the cave awoke Allaia. The sharp light blinded her at first, so she wiped her eyes, trying to adjust herself to the brightness. 

   She tried to move, but a strong arm wrapped around her waist prevented her from doing so. Only then Allaia realized the position she and Bellamy were in. Her head was laying on his chest and his hand was enveloping her in a tight, but gentle hold. His warm breath on her neck was gently tickling her skin. Alle smiled shyly and her cheeks reddened slightly. 

   Allaia gasped in astonishment when she became aware that the rest of her night went by peacefully, without any unwanted interference. Her nightmares didn't disturb her in her sleep. It was extraordinarily rare that Nixon's face didn't haunt Allaia in her dreams. She suspected Bellamy's unyielding grip on her body had something to do with it. Words couldn't define how grateful Allaia was that he chased away her horrors so easily; with almost no effort. For the first time in many days Allaia felt refreshed; full of energy for a change. 

"Bellamy." She whispered. "Wake up."

"Mhm..." He purred, tightening his grasp on her waist.

"Bellamy." Allaia hissed, nudging him with her elbow. "Come on. Get up you lazy ass."

"Do I have to?" He whined. His hand raked her hair softly. 

"Yes! Stop acting like a baby." She laughed. 

"Good morning to you too, love." Bellamy murmured straight into her ear, making her blush.

   He released Alle from his grasp leisurely, already missing the way her tiny body fit in his arms. Allaia quickly stood up, slightly flustered by their anterior proximity. Bellamy reluctantly got up as well, staring at her the entire time. She looked adorable; still a little flushed, with disheveled hair, crimsoned cheeks, and finally without the shadows under her eyes. 

   In the meantime, Lai woke Charlotte, and Bellamy approached the exit of the cave to make sure the fog was gone. The air seemed unpolluted, with no sign of yellowish smoke. 

"It's all clear." Bellamy stated, walking out of the cave. Allaia and Charlotte cautiously followed behind.

"Anybody out here?" He shouted. "Jones?"

"We're here." A voice called out, and the three made their way towards it. Soon enough, they met with Jones and the rest of the hunting crew.

"Lost you in the stew. Where'd you go?" Bellamy asked.

"Made it to a cave down there." Jones responded. "The hell was that?"

"Probably some kind of acid fog." Allaia replied. 

"Natural?" Other boy inquired.

"I mean, I guess it's possible, but I doubt that." Allaia shook her head. "Where's Atom?" She implied worriedly.

Jones silently glanced at her.

"Let's split up." Bellamy offered. "He couldn't have gotten too far."