NINE

What to do in a circumstance that might end up either with you getting fired or modestly embarrassed if you choose to simply stay there, on the spot and stare at the icy stare, contrastingly fiery enough as if calculatedly attempting to bristle To...

What to do in a circumstance that might end up either with you getting fired or modestly embarrassed if you choose to simply stay there, on the spot and stare at the icy stare, contrastingly fiery enough as if calculatedly attempting to bristle Torres's visage to ashes?

Undoubtedly it was hotter than sun on its sunniest days. But when the same gaze electrifyingly had diverted its focus on me- the bizzare fact that he-  he was the one who had been so supportively helpful during my most arrant behavior dawned on me. Instead of logically waiting for someone to fill me in- i boldly assumed aloud.

"You work here too?"

Bubbling whispers arose, when he narrowed his eyes slightly at me as if in disbelief- in reflex I looked at Emily who stood and gawked, her razor like sharp warning almost had me giggling.

I was done with this shit.

In few seconds I had lesuirely connected the dots- he was the one. The one authoritative figure on whose welcome the entire of visions inc had been going bonkers about.

My job here was now a joke-

So,

"You don't know who he is?" hissed Torrent bitchily. He doesn't have to worry about me anymore- I will do it myself.

"Yes I do" my smile perked, my gaze lighthearted now as now my worries were lifted off my shoulders. Bowing with courteous tilt of head I smiled "Welcome to Canada. Visions is delighted to have such a visionary guidance like yours under their roof"

I paused to grasp the silence, but when I took in the fervidly awaiting calm posture of his, at that moment I knew he replayed our past encounters- so did it.

"I –am, as an EX-employee of visions wish you luck" I breath, my teeth jammed- the cheeks still managed a smile as I shifted to Torres "I am done with you tormenting and bullying me. I may be a disaster but you are a piece of shit"

We both stared, him in shock- me in polite disgust.

If I go down- so will he.

And besides it must entertaining for others and I wasn't complaining being a heroic figure in this bargain.

"How dare you accuse me-

"I state facts" I cut him off. Smearing dirt on his reputation was a Balm and when he hesitantly kept trading his denial from me to the man who probably held the foundation of the project we are about to take off- I was at peace.

But-

When an intensely dark voice of his spoke- it marginalized the need of a mature perspective among us adults.

"Torres?" his flat stare falls on the name tag on Torres's blazer, he then faces the victim with a nearing proximity as he takes a step closer. Towering Torres while he brings out one of his hands which were inside the pocket of his dress pants and placed it calmly upon the shoulder of Torres. "Let's have a word in my office"