Part 17

Jimin’s POV

Resting my elbow on the table and placing my chin on my palm, I just watched as Taehyung gave his orders to the waiter, making lots of requests on how he wanted his dish to be prepared.

The waiter patiently took note of everything, knowing that the person that he's taking order from was one of their regulars. And to be a regular customer at this high end restaurant was enough to tell him how high Taehyung's status in the society without having to know his name.

"Why don't you just cook it yourself? I pity the cook who got your order," I asked the boy after the waiter left, and Taehyung just grinned beautifully as always.

"One of my favorite friends just finished his culinary school from overseas. He came home a week ago and today is his first day back to this restaurant. I'm sure he's going to know that I'm the one who order those food," he told happily, and I was impressed at how this friend of his could be accepted as a cook in this restaurant.

He must be a very good cook.

"How did he got accepted? Do restaurants like these did cooking competitions to choose their cook?" I asked, taking a sip of water to relief my dry throat.

"No, he didn't have to go through anything. After all, this is going to be his restaurant in the future," Taehyung spoke out, casually revealing his friend to be a prestigious heir like himself.

Shocked after hearing his answer, I coughed out the drink in my mouth but thankfully it didn't managed to get on Taehyung's face. Taehyung just laughed as he offered me the napkin to wipe my mouth.

"What makes you cough though?" he asked, raising one of his eyebrows to question.

"I know, right? I should've seen it coming that your circle of friends wouldn't be normal considering who you are. I don't think I'll ever be your friend at all if I didn't become your housemate," I answered after I wiped everything away as one waitress also assisted me cleaning up the mess I made.

"Well, lucky me to get you as my friend and housemate. You don't want to know how many nasty people tried to befriend me just for my money. You never do things as such though, that's why I'm not letting you go," Taehyung smiled, joining me saying 'thank you' to the waitress when she walked away.

"Although I've never had the same experience as yours, I could imagine how shitty it was to have people like that around you," resting my elbows back on the table, I sighed at the thought of how troublesome Taehyung's life would be.

"Believe me it's the worst - oh? There he is! Hobi hyuuunggg, I'm here!" Taehyung yelled out loudly for the man who just came out from the kitchen area, wearing full chef uniform which suited him amazingly well.

The guy snapped his head to our direction instantly at the call and walked in full speed as he brought his index finger to his mouth to tell Taehyung to shut up.

Taehyung seemed to be enjoying teasing the male as he kept his cheeky smile on his face as the chef stopped at our table.

"You little fucker, do you want to get me fired on my first day? Grandpa will kill me if he heard my friend caused disturbance in his restaurant during lunch hour," he scowled to the smiling boy and Taehyung just grinned wider as he was being scolded by the chef.

"Awh don't worry, hyung. Grandpa loves me," he retorted, earning a roll of eyes from this Hobi guy.

"Good for you, but I'm the one that was going to pay the price later. Oh my, who's this cutie?" the man smiled for the first time as he laid his eyes on and once again, I was struck by the beauty of the smile.

Heart smiles!!!

What's with these rich people and their lovely smiles?!

Oh gosh, I'd never thought my life could be any better, but this guy's smile was so blindingly bright, I almost had to close my eyes.

"Ah, this is Jimin. Jiminie, this is my Hoseok hyung," Taehyung introduced briefly and Hoseok was quick to offer his hand.

"Hi Jiminie, you can just call me Hobi hyung like this brat here," he told brightly as I took his hand for the handshake.

"Aaa hyuuung, only I can call him Jiminie," Taehyung whined with a pout, not liking that he's not the only one calling me by nicknames now.

"Says who? Jiminie here didn't seem to have any problem with that, right?" Hoseok ignored the boy and just looked for my opinion.

"Yes, I don't mind. Nice to meet you," I replied happily.

"Nice to meet you too. I'd love to talk more but sorry guys, I still have a long shift so I can't. We'll talk later, okay?" as soon as he said that, he left our table and rushed back to the kitchen for his work.