4

Blayke's POV

It had been three months since Harry had started dating his colleague. He had fallen in love with her, I could tell. Which meant on days like today when we were at the creek by my house, he wouldn't stop talking about her.

I just listened. The fact that I would never be with him had been accepted about two months ago. Currently he was telling me about their most recent date to the winery an hour away from Camden.

How could he not see that it kind of hurt when he talked of someone so highly and lovingly when there was a lonely person sitting right beside him.

"-and then we went to this beautiful restaurant— hey are you even listening to me," Harry spoke up as I realized for the past ten minutes I wasn't listening to anything but my own thoughts.

"Oh, I caught a fish. Look at that" I said as I reeled in the small struggling fish. "Emma Reese, look at this!" I showed her and she clapped happily.

"Let's put him back!" She exclaimed as I unhooked the fish and let him back, gently of course. She had become my best friend. And she was only 4.

"Wow, you're fearless" Harry piped in. I laughed quietly.

"Well when it's just you, you have to be the one to kill the spiders, or the strange bugs that make their way into your house, even check the area when you hear a strange noise in the middle of the night" I looked back in front of me as I cast the fishing line back out into the water.

"Nonsense, if that ever happens, just catch it in a cup and call me. Or if you hear a strange noise, text me and I'll be right over," I looked back at him and smiled.

"Really, you'd do that for me?" I smiled at him quietly.

"Sure, that's what friends are for," he smiled at me and all of a sudden, I felt like the loneliest person ever.

"Hey, I'm having a get together tomorrow if you want to come, it's just all my friends and their kids." I offered, looking at Harry "Emma can find herself some new friends before school," I hated that all Emma Reese did was hang out with me. She needed friends her own age.

"Yes of course, that would be lovely," Harry smiled his most genuine smile. I knew he took Saturday's off of work and his girlfriend would have to be at the hospital.

Screw me for having jealousy issues.

—————————

The next day, I prepped the house for everyone to come. I made finger foods, homemade desserts, even my famous apple pie was sitting on the table. When you have nothing better to do with your life, perfect your baking skills I always say.

Around 4:30 in the afternoon, my friends all started showing up. The kids all running through the house, trying to find Honey, who was just as happy to see all of the children.

Soon Emma Reese, Harry, and... company arrived. Of course karma was going to come back and kick me in the teeth. I walked quietly up to Emma and picked her up to give her a warm hug "hello my sweet angel, how was your day today," I asked her and she grinned widely.

"I caught a frog!" She giggled.

"A frog. How lovely, what did you name it before you let it go?" I asked, completely ignoring the fact that Harry was waiting to talk to me.

"I named him lavender and then I let him go because he's happy outside and not inside, daddy says so." I smiled at the intelligent kid and placed her down.

"There are some kids over in the living room area playing with Honey, go join them," I exclaimed happily and she nodded and ran off with enthusiasm.

"What were you going to say, Harry?" I asked and smiled at him.

"Oh I just wanted to thank you for the invite. I hope it reached out to Cassandra as well," I put on a tight lipped smile and nodded.

"Of course, always" I said quietly as the doorbell rung again. I excused myself and walked to the door, opening it up to Niall and what used to be my best friend there.

"Hey guys, come on in." I didn't want to not invite them and start drama in this small community. That is called social suicide.

Niall walked past me quietly, and Emily gave me a side hug before walking in to meet with some of our friends.

Harry stared at Niall, almost in disbelief that I would allow him in my house. But hey, I didn't have anyone to confirm my invite list to, so I do what I want.

Harry's POV.

I quietly stared at this man, wondering what he was doing in the house of my friend. He broke her heart, but she was allowing him inside her home?

That was the Blayke we all knew though.

After a while of eating and fellowship with one another, I noticed Blayke was missing in the room. How long had she been gone? I was about to get up to find her when I heard all the children giggling, and on top of their giggles, I heard Blayke's laugh. Of course she would be in there with the kids, she was around them a lot more than she was adults.

I got up quietly, excusing myself for a moment before walking over to Blayke. "Hey, B, can we talk?" I questioned, she of course got up and smiled at the children before walking over to me. "A little more private please?" I asked.

How was I going to share with her the information that had been on my mind for a little while now?