Chapter 69

We land right in the center of what looks like the main city of Taygeta and while the Taygetians all over the planet were running around for their lives, the Taygetians here are more than ready to receive us despite the chaos outside the city.

I bite my lip hard as I remember the hundreds of burning houses and am thoroughly grateful for Lucian taking charge the way he did. If he hadn't the conditions would have been much worse, with many more deaths. 

The moment we crossed the atmosphere Lucian had instructed for the coolant thrusters to be activated. I watched as the Space Splitter spat out numerous white colored ball shaped devices that spread open once they reached the raging fires. 

They were able to put them out immediately the moment they made contact.

Lucian leads us as we exit the ship and the moment we walk down the ramp we are greeted with numerous chants of praise. 

"Oh Great Plutonians, thank you for saving us! Thank you for saving us!" The Taygetians have arranged themselves in rows before us and they have placed dozens of containers containing gifts that look like gold trinkets, colorful jewelry and large mounds of coins in front of them.

They bow down with their hands almost touching the floor once they see Lucian, General Lyra and Luna. I see General Grievous, his wife and Lazarus walk out of our ship, looking rather sheepish as they join Lucian in front. 

"My dear masters, we would have perished in the fires without your help," A Taygetian -who is dressed more elaborately than the others- gets up from his position and addresses the Generals and the Trinity.

The sun is so bright on this planet that I have to squint my eyes to take in his appearance. The Taygetians don't look so different, the only thing that sets them apart is the fact that their foreheads stretch beyond their hairline in the shape of a star. 

Their skin is pale yellow like the walls of the buildings around us and their hair is black but aside from their star shaped heads, their features are more or less the same to ours. Even their heights are comparable to the humans. However, the Plutonians still tower over them by about a head or two.

"The stars were in our favor, Lord Taytheta. We were on the way to visit already," General Grievous answers with a huge smile and I have to force myself not to gag right here in front of everyone. 

If only they knew the truth.

The star headed Lord smiles at General Grievous gratefully and then gestures at the wide array of gifts prepared for them. 

"I've been told that the Plutonian leaders rarely ever travel together unless on extremely special occasions. It is our honor to receive such a pleasant surprise and I have arranged only the best for your stay. We have also prepared a banquet to celebrate your arrival and for saving our planet." 

"It is indeed rare. The Trinity, as ambitious as they are insisted to be a part of this diplomatic visit," General Lyra says and Lord Taytheta takes her hand in his and plants a soft kiss on her wrist. 

She smiles at him politely but I notice she is quick to pull her hand back. 

"We came to discuss the destruction of our bases on both your moons, Lord Taytheta." 

Trust Lucian to get right to the point.

"I know, it is a terrible thing that shocked us all," The Lord puts his hands in the air and sways dramatically and my lips curve into a smile when I see Lucian sneak an exasperated look my way. 

"You must be tired from your journey. Please allow us to proceed with our festivities before we get into all that," The Lord's frivolous voice makes Lucian scowl and I see him open his mouth to argue but the Generals are quick to agree.