Reconstruction Season 6 Chapter 2

Voice: A response, from the Director of Project Freelancer. Dear Chairman.

Fade in to the old familiar Gulch, where so much has happened already

Director: While I am obligated to assist your investigation, I ask that you not waste my time with irrelevant questions. My agency is normally unconcerned with such minute directives as troop reassignment. Except of course, in the most critical of matters.

Cut to Washington in front of an apparently abandoned Blue Base

Washington: Hello? Hello. Anybody here?

Radio sounds

Washington: Recovery One calling Command. Come in Command.

Command: Go ahead Recovery One, we have you.

Washington: I'm at Outpost 1-A. Looks deserted.

Command: Roger that. See if you can find any evidence that would suggest where they all might have-

A yellow and angry soldier appears in the base

Sister: Hey! A-hole! What's with all the noise? People are trying to sleep here!

Washington: Um... scratch that Command. It appears I've found someone. Recovery One out.

Sister descends the ramp slowly, as if hungover

Sister: Ohhh man.

Washington: Hi. I'm Agent Washington. This is Blue Base, correct?

Sister: It was.

Washington: Was?

Sister: Everybody's gone. Transferred. Something about this base being obsolete now, or, whatever.

Washington: Rright. Where did they go?

Sister: I don't know! All different places. Nobody told me anything.

Washington: Well, I'm trying to locate some people who have experience with the Freelancer program.

Sister: Freelancer? Is that the band we had here last night?

Washington: You had a party here?

Sister: Hyeah! I throw raves every night. Charge five bucks a head. Last night, I made ten bucks. Ooah ooah! Nice.

Washington: You use the base for raves? That doesn't seem like the proper use for official resources.

Sister: What're you, like a cop or something?

Washington: No.

Sister: 'Cause if you are, and I ask you, then you have to tell me. That's totally a law or something.

Washington: I'm not the police. And that's not a real law.

Sister: Well if you're not a cop, then how do you know it's not a real law? Busted!

Washington: You caught me. Hey, is there any-body else... smart... here that I can talk to?

Sister: Hyeah, right. Like I'm gonna tell you. I don't rat people out. Cop.

Washington: Okay, I'm gonna leave now. Good luck with your empty base and your raging insanity.

Sister: Hyeah? Whatever! Good luck with being a cop, cop!

Ghost and Dhuka walk out of the base

Ghost: Once again your ideas and stories never ceases to amaze me.