Chapter 15

"Damn" Ally gasped as we both dragged my suitcases to the reception. I handed my luggage to a bell boy as we walked to the elevator. My penthouse was on the 15th floor and I could see the city lights  through the huge glass windows. It was beautiful but not as comfy as Marcus's house.

The glass wall suddenly reminded me of Marcus but I shoved it aside. This is a new beginning and I don't want to hang on to my past.

Ally sprinted to the balcony, opening a door in the glass wall. She jumped up and down in happiness earning a chuckle from me.  We both unpacked my things and kept them in the cupboards neatly

"You know about the party right? "

"Which one?" I remembered that Sarah talked of some party but I don't usually pay attention to that stuff.

"Mr. Holland is holding a party for his daughter's engagement and all the business tycoons and politicians are invited. "

"Oh yeah Sarah talked to me about it a while ago"

"You know that you have to show up with Marcus right? "

My body went rigid as she said that. I knew that I had to meet him for business matters but I didn't think it would be this soon. I had hoped to avoid him a little longer but now it doesn't seem to be working out.

"When is the party?"

"In three days." I inhaled loudly in frustration. I didn't know if I could handle my emotions if I see him this soon.

...

"Ma'am here's your dress " Sarah came running towards me holding the dress my company designed recently.

It was an off shoulder floor length dark blue dress with a slit all the way up my thigh. It was elegant, yet simple

I changed into my gorgeous dress and wore some light makeup. I let my hair fan around me in soft waves as I loosened it from the bun on the top of my head.

"Beautiful" Sarah clapped her hands in joy as soon as she saw me. She was already dressed in a dark purple floor length dress to accompany me. This was not just an engagement party, it was an opportunity for business, so everyone dragged their secretaries with them.

As I went down, I saw a black limousine parked at the front of the building, ready to escort us. I already knew Marcus and his secretary would be there. Sarah told me beforehand that we would need to go with them and therefore he would be picking me up.

I opened the door and saw Marcus wearing a black suit with a dark blue tie matching my dress. Next to him sat Steve with messy hair, giving me a huge grin.

"You look very beautiful Mrs.Anderson"

"Please call me Camilla" I gave him a small smile, hiding the discomfort I felt as he called me Mrs. Anderson.

I sat down avoiding Marcus's eyes but yet, I felt his gaze lingering on me longer than it should. As we drove, I caught Marcus stealing glances at me several times.

The location was huge, as expected. As we stepped off the limo, cameras started flashing blindingly. I had always been confident in front of cameras, but today my insecurities overtook my confidence. I felt afraid that I would be questioned about my personal life , I felt afraid that they would find the fault in me which Marcus found out.I was raised to be the perfect version of myself and a slight difference in it made me scared. Made me feel useless and weak.

My body started trembling involuntarily. The blinding lights made me want to tear up and cry until warm hands tugged me closer and dragged me inside the hall. I looked up to see who had saved me only to meet his mesmerizing green eyes staring down at me.