Chapter 16

*'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'* - *'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'*

Marinette silently played with her half eaten food thats on her plate, wearing a blank expression all day, the others flickered their gaze from each other to her.

"What's up with her?" Penny made a face expression, but the others understanded what she was saying.

"I don't know" Luka squints his eyes, Sara made a What-are-you-saying look, but he just rolled his eyes.

"What are you guys saying?" She asked put loud, then Marinette gave a weird look since nobody said anything, not that she knew about.

Then she excuses herself from Dinner and takes her plate to the sink, she returns to say ' Good night' to everyone before heading to her room to sleep.

Everyone realized her weird behavior, her friends knew too but didn't talk to her after she left the mall, They thought she may need some space, but her family didn't think so.

Penny's appointment was Tomorrow, she wanted to check if she's hundred percent good, because she was giving birth duo next week, she had a big belly and barely holds herself to walk, it's tiring.

Anyways, After dinner Luka decided to make some calls, he dialed the only person Marinette would speak with, and that was Damian Wayne, he knew that they both were afraid of confessing to each other, but He'll work on getting those two together Asap.

"Hey Tim.....listen can you let me talk to your brother......yes I'm talking about Damian who else?....Okay fine...I want to talk to demon spawn....you heard me say it now let me talk to him jeez....uhhhh he told me to call you that...no hard feelings right? Anyway...."

*'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'* - *'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'*

Marinette changed to the right side of her bed and sighed, she couldn't sleep at all, it was a school night anyway so she needs to rest, especially in the condition she's in.

A knock startled her, no, it wasn't from the door, she realized it came from the window, she ignored it because she thinks it was just a tree branch.

Then the knocking begen louder and faster, there was no way it was a tree branch, or bird because it was dark outside.

She slowly walked to the window, she lets her guard down after seeing Robin outside, he pointed to the lock so she can open the window.

She rolled her eyes then unlocked it, he came in and closed the window behind him.

She flopped on her bed and tilted her head.

"What?" He asked, she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you here? I don't remember telling you to visit?" she said, he rubbed his neck and avoided eye contact.

"I...uh decided to visit you today" he said, she shook her head no.

"No you didn't, you always patrol the south side of Gotham , why just today you change with Tim who always patrol here?" She narrowed her eyes, he gulped and she knew something was up.

"Was it Chloe? Or Lucy ?....Sara ?" She said bitterly, he sighed.

"Luka..." He started, then she scoffed.

"I should have known, he does care about his little sister " she said sadly, he sat next to her and gave her a look.

"What's up with you Marinette?" He asked, she chuckled.

"I thought you were a hero, not a therapist" she smirked, he grunted.

"Don't dodge the question Dupain-cheng" he asked again, she huffed.

"I'm fine, why does everyone have to know everything that's goes on with me, especially since I'm sad or..." She trailed off.

"Because your an optimistic person, we cafe about you Marinette, and you'll do the same with us.." He smiled, she kept a blanked face then gaved up with a smile.

"Thank you Damian, you never failed to make me happy" she blushed slightly then frowned, he saw that and shifted in his place.

"So, what's got you down?" He asked,She bit her bottom lip anxiously, he eyed her every movement.

She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them slowly with a sigh escaping her lips.

"Fine, Remember Lila Rossi?" She asked, he blinked multiple times before nodding.

"I saw her today..." She said, his eyes widen, but she wasn't done talking.

"She threatened me, if i don't give her my miraculous and the black cats, she's going to hurt the ones i love" she whispered, he barely heard her.

He saw her hurt expression but wanted to ask her anyway.

"What did you tell her?" She looked at him and purses her lip.

"I told her what i had to do, I'll never give up my miraculous, I'm the guardian for a reason" she said proudly, his lips corner twitched to a smile, this girl is amazing, he thought.

"I....feel like I'm regretting what said....but i don't at the same time.." She choked out, he furrowed his brows.

"Why are you regretting Marinette?" He asked, a tear slipped down her cheek but she wipes it fast, he felt his heart drop to see her like this.

"B-Because i don't want a-anyone i know to be h-hurt because of m-me" she sobbed, he pulled her for a hug, he didn't think of anything else to do, but after a while she hugged back sniffing.

"I'm sorry for crying, you might think I'm a wimp" she dried her tears laughing nervously, but he didn't laughed, but he spoke with confident.

"I will always protect you, and everyone you love, because your my best friend Marinette, i won't let anything bad happed to you" he said, she felt her eyes glossy but held her tears in.

He kept flickering his gaze once on her lips then eyes, she slightly bit her lip and lets out a shaky breathe she thought she didn't held, he slowly leaned in to her, she didn't know what to do, so she did the same, she felt his hot breathe against her face, she closed her eyes slowly for it to happe-

"Robin!" A voice startled Damian and he backed away very fast, Marinette was confused until she realized someone was talking to him, because his hands were on his ear.

"Yes" He gritted, he was pissed about ruining the moment, but couldn't do anything anyways.

"We need back up here!" yelled red hood, Robin rolled his eyes then said a ' I'll be there in 5'.

He stood up and awkwardly walked up to the window, he gave her a glance, she smiled shyly.

"Be careful out there" she whispered, he nodded and opened the window.

"Good night Angel" he said, she blushed at what he said, but now he already left.

"Oh my god..." She pulled her hair out of embarrassment.

*'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'* - *'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'*

After Red hood and Nightswing encounter with Black masks men, Robin arrived.

"Sorry for ruining the moment Little wing" Said Nightwing with an apologizing look.

"What?" Robin began to act dumb.

"So Demon spawn, Angel huh?" Red hood smirked.

"Shut up! "

*'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'* - *'¯'*.¸¸.*'¯'*

Sooo much Daminette! But not enough! Anyways, I'll be updating everday tp finish this book, but no promises tho.

Just a reminder, the next chapters will start to be very Dark and emotional.

I'm crying because what I've decided to do, I'm sooo sorry! ;-;

~Be_Spoiled03