| 08 | FIRST LOVE

.•° °•.
🦋 Vote, comment, & enjoy the part! 🦋

I carefully lead Gumball down the steps of the baseball stadium, the two of us sporting matching caps while I carry the snacks and he innocently rattles his giant finger glove.

"You know what this is, right?" We take our seats. He doesn't reply, only staring into the field and tilting his head.

"It's a baseball game. The batter has to hit the ball as far as they can, then run around four bases before they're tapped out. I love these things but the members hate it, they're pretty lame. Shh, it's starting."

My back sinks into the chair comfortably once the game begins and the crowd is cheering after every round. I peer over at Gumball with a giddy smile that fades when I notice him just watching the game blankly, not really reacting or understanding what's going on.

"...I guess baseball's not for everyone." I remove my cap and sigh, staring into the pit for a while before shrugging, "So what do you wanna do?"

Gumball blinks at me, then silently looks around before pointing to the family sitting in front of us which makes my brows entangle.

"I don't understand what I'm looking at."

I follow the jab of his finger closer to realize he's pointing at a little boy's backpack that says Legoland...

"...You want to go to Legoland?"

Gumball beams delightfully.

"Kid, Legoland is like... Three hours away. Do you know how much hassle it's going to be getting tickets and making it there unrecognized?"

His unintentional puppy eyes make me stare back blankly... But I eventually sigh and check my watch.

"I guess it's still early... Alright fine, let's go."

∘₊✧ ° 🤹‍♂️ ° ✧₊∘
~Play audio if you want~

"All aboarddd! Passengers heading to Legoland, exit this way!" A conductor in colorful bellhop clothes holds an arrow sign.

I grab Gumball's wrist to keep him from getting lost in the crowd as we exit the coach and approach the entrance, lowering our bucket hats to better disguise ourselves.

Everything's Lego. The signs, the statues, even the flags. Everything's made purely out of lego blocks to create an impressive castle-like forefront. Fun music plays while kids skip around happily and families use their selfie sticks to take group photos.

Yeesh, I'm already regretting this.

"Hiya fellas!"

"Ah!" I jump when a mascot dressed as a Lego man appears behind us. Gumball gasps happily as he spreads his arms, "Welcome to Legoland! The biggest most funnest adventure resort in Daegu!"

"Gosh, don't do that." I dust off my sleeve. My scowl migrates towards the largely populated space beyond the gates...

"How are we supposed to navigate around this place anyway? It looks huge."

"Well that's what these maps are for partner!" The mascot pulls out two maps from God knows where. "One map for Mr. Grump, and one map for his cute little son!"

Gumball smiles innocently despite the creeped out glare I send. I grab Gumball's wrist and lead him towards the ticket booth while the mascot waves us goodbye.