Existence Into Ashes

Eliana Tessa Castellanos

Soon as I walked into the café, his minty scent had already invaded every corner of the café. I saw his large muscular back and heard his dangerous growl as he turned around. His dark eyes captivated me. Right now, he screamed danger, but I wanted to do nothing more than comb my hands through his curly brown hair.

My heart was beating crazily just for him. Even more so as he strides towards me like a hunter. And it seems like I was his prey. His only prey.

My eyes refused to leave his. I have finally been graced with those beautiful pair of brown. It pulled me in as much as I wanted to run away. I wanted him and it scared me.

Millions of sparks buzzed throughout my entire being as his forehead dipped on the base of my neck and even more so when his lips brushed over my neck. My heart was beating rapidly as it was literally ignited with flames.

I felt him calm down as he inhaled deeply, his breath spreading the sparks over my bare flesh. My eyes fluttered as I heard his deep soft whisper.

"Mine."

This Lycan that I had tried to avoid. That I had ran away from. This Lycan of mine, was here. Standing in front of me. Declaring that I was his.

I blinked my eyes several times pushing the tears back in. I inhaled sharply and took a step back, losing our touch. A deep growl came from him and he jerked his head up to look into my eyes.

I sucked a breath upon seeing his chocolate brown eyes that matched his soft curls on his head. He had a tall nose and sharp jaws with a slight stubble on his cheeks. His soft lips invited me. As my eyes took in his appearance for the first time, I knew that I would never be able to let go of him. Even if the goddess forbade, my soul would not separate from this dark Lycan god.

He was bigger than most Lycan and more muscular. Intimidating. I noticed the bags underneath his eyes with dark circles that was slightly visible on his tan complexion. Tiredness filled those brown orbs and hurt very clear on them.

My eyes started to sting once again as tears formed in them. Was I the reason behind his tired eyes? Was I the reason behind the hurt in those eyes?

Dear goddess, please show me a path. I promised to live a life of suffering if you returned her back to us. After all that happened decades ago, how can I go back to living as I used to? But now that I have seen this Lycan who was standing in front of me, how do I ever go back to living without him?

Will I ever deserve this Lycan as my mate?

Please tell me, goddess. How can I accept this Lycan? What do I have to sell this time?

Just name it. I will sell anything and everything.

As my voices go unheard and my plea unanswered, I compel my body to turn around. Away from his accusing eyes. The hurt in those beautiful brown, felt like a stack of needles pinned on my heart.

"Leave." It was the only word that came out of my mouth.

A loud animalistic growl follows and soon I'm pressed onto his hard front as his arms come to tightly wrap around my waist, caging both my arms. I felt the sparks jolting through my body while his hot breath on the side of my neck makes me shudder. How much I wanted to turn around and lay my head on his hard chest. How I wanted to say I wanted him. How I had already fallen for him, since the day I first smelled his scent from the hallway. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and never let go.

"Please." I put my head down and my short hair forms a curtain as it falls down on the sides of my face. My lips tremble and I bit it hard to stop my voice from shaking. Warm liquid oozed into my mouth and the salty, metallic taste hits my tongue.

I felt him pull his head away. I close my eyes and was about to let out a sigh of disappointment, but I felt his forehead nudge the back of my head, making me dip my head lower. I then felt his lips on the back of my neck, taking my breath away. I forgot to breathe when I felt his smooth lips on my naked skin. I shuddered as millions butterflies lighted up sparks throughout my body continuously.

He stayed there for a while before he deepened his lips on my neck. He gave me a soft smooch before he pulled back. His arms too left my body, but I wanted them back on me. I missed him already. The warmth. The sizzling currents. His scent on my body.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard his footsteps move past my body. I heard the jingle of the bell as the door opened and shut. I knew he was gone. My Lycan had left me.

I bit my already punctured lips as I cursed myself for letting him go. My heart that had stopped beating was burning with heat now, drumming against my chest. I felt a hand on my shoulder but as soon as it came in contact, it pulled away.

"Ouch." I vaguely heard Harmony's voice. "Tess. You are burning up."

I fling the door open and made my way down the stairs to the sea. The cold water fought with my flaming hot body as I let myself sink deeper into the sea.

I stayed there until the water turned dark. But it did nothing to calm my burning heart this time. This was the only time, I allowed myself to cry. For it will dissolve with the sea, the moment it forms. The sea will always take away my sadness as if it was its own.

Times like this, I felt it embrace my weak self into its endless body. It forever welcomed me. It always held its arms open for me. I wonder why I was gifted with flames when I was this close to water.

Fire did nothing but burned everything, apart from the one thing that I wished it would. This body of mine. I wanted it to turn my existence into ashes. Into nothing. But all my wishes were once again left unheard.

I floated in the dark void nothingness with my hands covering my face and my knees pulled up to my chest. I cried. But no one heard it. Not even me.

Only the sea heard my cries and held me within.