Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One . . .|
-i'll be waiting for that day, taehyung.

Taehyung's eyes were locked on the mafia leader, brows pulled together. He hid his apprehension, pushing his lips into a taut line.

The only thing that could be heard was the soft breathing from both of their noses, the calm sound taking over the silence.

"Well, Princess? I'm waiting, you were so manly seconds ago, what happened?" Questioned the elder, tilting his head like the cocky adult he was. "Shoot me, make it hurt! Make it painful! Kill me!" Jeongguk rose his voice at him, now his patience being cut into.

"Pew," Taehyung breathed out, jerking his wrist as if he actually pulled the trigger and it was the action of the gun cocking back, eyes locked on Jeongguk.

"Pussy." Jeongguk let out in a the smallest of whispers but it was caught by Taehyung's ears. "I knew you couldn't do it. You prove my point every single time." He strut over, yanking the gun from Taehyung who didn't fight back. "It was my good gun too; my favorite prized possession." He raddled it in Taehyung's face. "You see it? I can feel the tingle in my ball sack it's that sexy."

"I'm not ready to shoot you." The younger said, giving a nasty frown and a shrug, the frown smug with a hint of confidence.

"Really now? Want me to get you a plan book next time? A calendar?" Jeongguk checked the safety, pushing his pistol back into his waistband. "We can have a meeting for it. Any other request?"

Taehyung sensed the sarcasm dripping off of his vowels even though it didn't take a genius to catch on. "As long as it gets done, as long as you die, I'm fine." He let a weak smile spring over his handsome, god-like features.

He placed his hands on Jeongguk's chest gently, leaning close to his ear, his warm breath fanning his lobe. He let out a soft sound, hands running gently down his clothed pecks to his abdomen. "As long as you die in your own blood, helpless, alone . . . I couldn't care any less. We'll celebrate your demise." The former CEO's voice sounded so deep and breathy, shoving Jeongguk back and the smile he once wore fell into a flat line.

The mafia leader didn't speak, keeping a dull look that couldn't be read by Taehyung. He stabled himself, turning his back to Taehyung and walking towards the door. A bit of confusion filling Taehyung at his actions.

Jeongguk grabbed his crutch, pausing as he stood in front of the door, turning his head over his shoulder but not quite meeting Taehyung's glare.

"I'll be waiting for that day, Taehyung." Jeongguk's lips twitched at the corners, showing a smile.

After saying such, he took his leave, pulling the door behind him and locking it. Taehyung stood there alone, chest rising and falling.

To say he was surprised was an entire understatement. Jeongguk didn't dare hurt him; didn't even threaten him after Taehyung told him he craved for his death.

His mind traveled back to Jimin once more. Taehyung didn't want to believe he changed Jeongguk, he didn't care for him and this man had done too much damage to want to 'change his ways' now.

Jeongguk even said he committed murder, arson, robbery, and more — which Taehyung witnessed for the most part — and that was enough to determine his life wasn't valid anymore.

He doesn't get to take the life from innocent people and feel guilty about it, he doesn't get to act as if that's enough to justify their passings.

Jeongguk was mercurial; killed for a living and want to be punished for it right after. Utter bullshit. It was incredulous, just unfathomable.

Taehyung settled on one word to describe that behavior. Crazy.