Chapter 9 • Girlfriend

When we got back home I was told that Luca was gonna give me a tour of the house so we were currently doing that  So far he's showed me the garden, the movie room, and the gym. I've always wanted a movie room ever since I was little in my dream home but that's all I ever thought it was, a dream. I never thought that I would have 6 older brothers who live in a mansion with a movie room. It seemed like a dream. But is it really a dream if I had to give up my mom to get it?

When he finished showing me the house he told me how he had to go to work. I wasn't sure what he was doing since I've been in my head since we got home.

It was now getting closer to dinner time which meant I was gonna meet Matty's girlfriend and my anxiety couldn't get worse. I'm scared she's not a nice person, all my brothers seem to like her, Matty's like a lovesick puppy for her so if anything did happen they would obviously choose her over me, not that I would blame them. What if she turned out like John, he was nice too before mom died. He was like a Prince Charming who came and saved me and my mom but then turned into the greedy villain who wanted control of everything and everyone.

Going into my closet I was still starstruck by how many clothes fill the entire closet. The closet was so big I wondered if I would ever get to wear all of these clothes.

I wanted to look nice for this dinner to make a good first impression, so I picked out a cute two piece dress. It was blue with small white dots all over it, it was long sleeves and had a high neck which was good because you couldn't see my bruises. The skirt stopped at a little above the knee and had a small bow wrapped around the waist, I paired the outfit with these silver sandals I saw on the shelf in the closet.

I brushed out my hair and put it in a half up half down ponytail, my hair is naturally wavy but it gets frizzy whenever I brush it so I put some hairspray which I found in the bathroom on my hair

I brushed out my hair and put it in a half up half down ponytail, my hair is naturally wavy but it gets frizzy whenever I brush it so I put some hairspray which I found in the bathroom on my hair. Which was a mistake because I've never used it before and I'm pretty sure most of it went in my mouth. When I was done brushing my teeth for the third time to get the hairspray out I looked in the mirror and could hardly recognize myself. I've never been one to wear expensive things or dress up but here I am. I don't know what to think about this, I've always worn T-shirt's with paint stained jeans.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts and it opened to reveal Luca who was wearing a navy blue polo shirt with black jeans and a belt.

"Hey you look cute." I tried not to laugh when he first opened the door because both his eyebrows raised while his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"Thank you, you look nice too." I put my head down hoping my hair would cover my blushing red cheeks but it turned out pointless since his laugh made me look up.

"Your welcome midget. Are you ready to meet, the girlfriend?" I was used to him calling me midget now, I'm not gonna lie and say that it's annoying because I think it's fun how he gave me a nickname like that, no one ever has besides my mom. The way he said girlfriend didn't help to decrease my anxiety, he said it like I was going downstairs to my death. I really hope that's not the case.