Chapter Thirteen

Rose's POV

I wanted to run to class but I refrained myself from doing so.
"Why are you so jittery today?" Lily asked. I playfully glared at her as we walked inside the school.
"You already know why," I said.
Her eyes twinkled in amusement and said, "I had a little talk with him last night." My eyes widened and I stopped walking and looked at her.

"You didn't," I said, not believing her.
She laughed and said, "Oh yes I did. How else do you think he got in the Irena?" I groaned terrified as to what she had said to him.

"Don't worry I didn't say anything bad to him. I just told him that if he hurt you I'd beat him up, it's all good." Lily said while waving her hand off as if it was nothing. I let out a nervous laugh because it was kind of funny. At the same time I was quite scared because I didn't want to scare him off.

"How'd it go though? Last night?" She asked.
I grinned, "I think it went well. He said that I don't have to stop calling him names and that I had a chance with him." 
Her eyes widened and she said, "Maybe I should do the same with Tyler. To be honest with you I didn't think it would work."
"I'm a good influence. I say do it." I told her and we both walked inside. I smiled at my Mr. Romano, my uncle, said, "Good morning."

He raised his eyebrows at me and asked, "Why are you in a good mood today?" I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards the back of the class and sat down at the lab table. Elliot was already there Ty and Ava weren't there.

I placed my bag in front of me and sat down on the chair. I pushed my hair to the side and waited for him to look up but he seemed quite lost. I cleared my throat, nothing.

"Hi baby, how're you doing?" I asked. He got out of his little world and looked up at me. His dark green sparkled as the sun shone against his face. He didn't wear his glasses today so his eyes were on display and not hidden.

"You can't call me that," he said softly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I thought we were okay after yesterday? A pang hit my chest as I stared at him, "Why is that?" I questioned.
He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. He rubbed his eyes tiredly; I watched him carefully. His yes seemed quite droopy as if he hadn't slept all night.

"What's wrong? Did you not sleep all night?" I asked. He stopped rubbing his eyes and he looked at me with a pained expression but it quickly went away. It's like he wanted to tell me something but he couldn't. What's going on in that head of yours, Eli. I was going to ask him again but Ava and Ty both came.

Ava sat down next to Elliot and kissed his cheek. He smiled back at Ava and my heart pained at the sight. I thought they weren't dating, the clues he gave me were all clear showing me that they weren't dating. Ty smiled at me and I forced a smile at him. I tried not to let my mood get ruined by this, there has to be an explanation.

I took a deep breath in and out and smiled. I can't jump to conclusions, so calm down. Ty touched the side of my shoulder and whispered, "Are you okay?" I nodded.

I looked at Ava as she touched Elliot's arm and laughed. Without looking at Elliot I looked away uncomfortably and Ty caught it and I smiled at him again.  For some reason, Ty didn't seem to be satisfied with my answer. It's like he knew I was faking. Ty looked at Elliot and shook his head back and forth as if he was disappointed in him.

"Elliot are you going to go to Marco's party tonight?" Ty asked. Ava and Elliot both looked in our direction.
"No," Elliot said.  Ava laughed and took her hand off of his shoulder making me feel a bit better. Why is she laughing?
"Rose, are you going to Marco's party?" Ty asked. I wasn't aware that there was a party tonight. I was going to hangout with Lily today but from my peripheral vision I noticed Elliot staring at me. I looked at Ty and asked, "I wasn't invited but do you think he'll mind?" I moved my arm to the side but I hit something. It was a beaker.

I passed it down to Ty and he placed it beside him and said,"There's no invitation everyone is invited, you could bring your friend Lily as well." I was going to bring her with me anyway. I raised my eyebrows at him and looked at him to find him staring at Lily already who was across the room. Looks like he has been eyeing her as well. I have to tell Lily about this.

I found myself smiling at the thought of bringing these two together.

"I'll go," Elliot said. Ava looked up from her phone as her eyes widened. Ty smirked at Elliot while looking at him.
"Are you sure?" Ty asked.
Ava placed her phone down on the table and moved up from her chair, "Yeah, no one is forcing you. We know how much you hate parties, E."

This is interesting, is he going to the party because of me? I looked at Elliot to find him already staring at me. I locked my eyes with his but stopped when Ty said, "That's great, Eli. After years of us persisting you finally coming willingly."

Ty then looked at me and said, "A friend of mine likes you and wants to get to know you. I can introduce you to him at the party." I was about to refuse but the other side of me wanted to see if Elliot would react or not.

"Sure, why not," I said happily and a couple of seconds later we heard the sound of glass crashing. The beaker that was beside Tyler was now on the floor beside Elliot.