2. Hogwarts Express

°°°

°°°

Amelia laid wide awake in her shared room with her little sister, Ginevra Weasley. She stared up at the ceiling aimlessly, a feeling of exhilaration raced through her body at the mere thought that in a couple of hours she would be on a train that was Hogwarts-bound. 

The sun had just raised, casting a yellow glowing light in the once dark room. It was still early but Amelia wasn't going to sleep with her mind running wild with anticipation. It was, after all, going to be her first day at Hogwarts. She sat up on her bed and looked over at her trunk, which was already packed with her books, robes, quills, and many other things that she was going to need for her studies. 

Amelia heard the sound of something crashing downstairs, assuming it was her mother preparing breakfast. She looked across the room to see her sister sleeping soundly in her bed. Her red hair was tangled up in her face and her arm was hanging softly off the bed. Amelia giggled at her sister since Ginevra Weasley could sleep through anything. It wouldn't stun her if her little sister slept through a dragon attack as everything around her caught on fire. Ginevra was a heavy sleeper.

But, Amelia remembered her mother demanding her to wake her up to accompany them to kings cross station. Molly Weasley didn't want to leave her youngest daughter all alone in the Burrow. Merlin knows what little Ginevra would do without any surveillance. With that in mind,  Amelia stood up and walked toward the end of her sister's bed. She kicked the bed slightly but Ginevra didn't budge. 

With a sigh, Amelia reached over and grabbed her little sister's shoulders and began to shake her awake.

" Ginny! Wake up!" yelled Amelia as she watched her sister's tired eyes open up only for her to glare at her. " We're leaving for Hogwarts soon. Get ready." Amelia smiled at her, completely ignoring her death glares, and walked out of the room as she dragged her truck down the long flight of stairs.  

When she finally reached the last step, she turned around and found her mother in the Kitchen. Molly Weasley was magically cooking up their breakfast as her older brother, Percy Weasley sat at the wooden table with a plate of eggs and sausage.

" Oh, Dear! You should have shouted for Percy. He could have brought down your trunk." Her mother told her as the pan in behind her cooked more eggs and sausages.

" No need. I can do things myself," said Amelia proudly as she left her trunk near the end of the staircase and sat across from her brother who was intently reading the Daily Prophet. Molly Weasley quickly placed a plate full of food in front of Amelia who gratefully started to eat.

" Oh, are you excited dear?" Molly asked as she looked at her daughter warmly. Still not comprehending the fact of how grown she was. 

Amelia nodded enthusiastically as she stuffed her mouth with food. 

After a while, Fred and George came down full of energy as they started to talk Amelia's ear off about the sorting process and told her how she was going to have to fight a troll in front of the whole school and professors. Amelia, of course, freaked out while Fred and George laughed and ate their breakfast.