Why?

Reign P.O.V.

"How are you doing, sweet girl?"

I relax deeper in Brixton's warm embrace.

"I'm fine. Tired. But my parents-"

Brixton shakes his head, placing a kiss in my hair.

"We aren't going to talk about that right now. Is that okay?"

"Yeah. It's why I'm here in the first place. I just-I wanted them to say something way different."

Danny nods his head, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Well, you two look good here. I've got to go back to work. I left Dominco in charge. I think you both can handle it. Unless you want me here."

"No, no. Go back to work. You showed, that's all that matters to me. I'm sorry about work. I'll be there tonight."

"No. You're not. Brixton's gonna take care of you, and you can come to work in two days."

"It's fine. I have bills to pay, and this has happened before."

"I don't care. You need to recuperate, and I'll pay you."

"No, I couldn't. At least let these be sick days."

"No, Reign. Not up for a debate. Get rest, and call grandpop."

Danny gathers his things and says goodbye to both Brixton and me. The two of us stay silent, huddling in each other's arms. I turn my body, so I'm facing Brixton. He runs a finger over my face, and over the freckles splashed across my nose. He places a kiss on my forehead, tucking me into his embrace. I take a deep breath of his cinnamon scent and close my eyes. He runs his fingers through my hair, calming me even more than I already am.

"How did you find me?"

"By asking a few people."

"Did I look weird passed out? Was I on the floor?"

"No, you were in a chair. And what do you mean weird?"

"Did I look dead?"

"Don't even talk about that."

"Were you scared I was dead?"

"I checked your pulse and breathing, so I knew you weren't dead."

"What was your first thought when you saw me passed out in a chair in the back of the library?"

"Shit."

I giggle, wrapping my arms around Brixton's waist. He kisses the top of my head, his fingers skimming my spine. I shiver at his touch and lean my head up to place a kiss on his lips. They hit my lips delicately, tugging me deeper into him. His tongue carasses mine, and I run my hands up through his hair. I'm so glad I don't have an IV or I wouldn't be able to do this. Brixton and I pull away from one another, breathless.

"I was scared."

His voice comes out husky.

"Scared of what?"

"I don't know, but I thought you really got hurt. I kind of freaked out."

"If you freaking out is using resources to find me, you should be a police officer or detective or something. Most people freaking out have a panic attack or hyperventilating or something. I wouldn't say you freaked out. And thank you."

"For what?"

"Finding me. Caring enough to come for me."

"Of course, kitten. You're my girl. I'm in love with you."