She Has A Key

Mature content marked by *** as always. Also, the Frank and Oaks thing is real. If interested, I added an external link which should show near the voting spot under the continue to next part thing. If link doesn't work, it's also part of a conversation on my profile like I have with my book You're My King.

"Are you better now?"

"Yes."

"The truth."

"No, not at all."

"Can you tell me what's going on?"

"My parents don't love me. It's never been so clear before."

"That sucks. I don't know what else to say. That really sucks."

"It does, doesn't it? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that."

"Nothing. You let them go. You can't be in a toxic relationship like that."

"You're right. How you got problems I can help you with?"

"I don't think so, but I'll let you know. Are you going to be okay going to Danny's?"

"Danny will give a pep talk. It might actually be really good for me."

I give Reign a delicate kiss on the lips and place her back in her seat. She buckles herself and uses the mirror to straighten herself out. Before I start to drive, she pours cold water over her hands. I watch curiously as she puts them over her eyes, letting them sit there for a few minutes.

"Why aren't you driving the car?"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm to decrease my puffy eyes from crying. That way Danny won't question me too much."

"I don't think it's working."

"Just drive the damn car."

I chuckle and back out of the parking spot.

5 Hours Later:

I open the door to my apartment, and I'm immediately hit in the nose with homemade pizza. I love homemade pizza.

"Reign! Are you here?"

I don't get an answer, but when I step into my living room, four small boxes, wrapped, sit on the floor. I look at the kitchen table to see my favorite homemade pizza, sausage and olive, sitting there. I set my things down on the ground, kick off my shoes, and I make my way towards the boxes. A letter with my name written on top in Reign's handwriting sits in between the pieces of ribbon tied into a bow. I open it, extremely confused. What is going on?

Hi, of course it's your kitten who did this all for you, so I deserve all credit. I know you said that I didn't need to repay you, but I was feeling guilty for not doing anything for you. I put a lot on you all the time. I know that, but I also want you to know that you also have a safe place to land. I'm here for you even if I'm going through something because I'll pretty much always be going through something.

Please don't let my problems interfere with wanting to talk about yours. I love you, and I want to know what's going on in your life, even if it's not all hunky dory. So, I made you pizza which you probably already smelled and these three boxes all have different themes. You can open them in any order, but they are just sweet little gifts to make you feel appreciated. Because I really appreciate you. I love you.
Love,

Your kitten

(P.S. I hope you invite me over tonight. Though you can take the night for yourself if you want.)