All A Dare

2 Days Later

Reign P.O.V.

"Who's calling you?"

I pick up my phone to see that it's Grady.

"Grady. I wonder what he wants."

"Pick up the phone and find out."

"Well, thank you Brixton. For telling me what I already know."

"Love you!"

I roll my eyes as he continues doing his work on the computer. I slide my finger on the screen and place the phone up to my ear.

"Hey. I know you are dating Brixton, but I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date. Like a friend-date...kind of."

"Yeah, sure. That would be fun. Let's do it."

"Okay. Café?"

"Sounds great. I'll see you there."

"Two o'clock?"

"Yep. Sounds good to me."

I see what time it is to see that it's one, and I should be getting back to my apartment to get ready. I roll off the bed, kissing Brixton on the cheek, pulling on my clothes.

"Where are you going?"

"Grady and I are having a friendly late lunch. I'll see you later."

"At least give me a proper goodbye."

I giggle and climb back on the bed. I pull his computer off his lap, straddling him. I suck on his neck to create a hickey, showing everyone he's mine. Brixton chuckles, but I know he likes it. He grabs my hips and takes my head away from his neck. He places a kiss against my lips, holding me to his body.

"I'll see you later, okay?"

"You promise to come back, kitten?"

"I promise."

His phone starts to ring, but before I hear his conversation, I'm out his apartment door, locking it behind me. Once I reach my apartment, I try to call Brixton to tell him all good, but I see that my phone is dead. Oh, well. I change into a cute outfit before heading out to meet up with Grady. As I sit down at the table, I can feel eyes on me, but I pay no mind to them. It's probably just someone looking over here. 

I chew on my bottom lip, waiting for Grady to show up. I wonder why the hell he would want to meet me here. He said it was a friend date but maybe he wants a second chance after he ditched me. Why now though? I mean, he knows I'm dating Brixton. The only reason I'm here is to tell him that it isn't going to happen. Not now, not ever. I'm with Brixton now, he's my boyfriend, and I'm extremely happy about that.

A waiter comes over, and I order a lemonade. I play with my fingers for another twenty minutes before I hear the front doors jingle open due to the bells on the door. There stands Grady, looking incredibly handsome, not going to lie, but not as handsome as Brixton.

"Hey, Reign."

"Hi, Grady. What's going on?"

"Nothing much. Just going on a date with a beautiful girl."

"Smooth, but no thank you."

"Thank you. I've been working on my moves."

"Oh, really? Have you been practicing with anyone else?"

"I've been teasing my mom, but besides that, no."

I chuckle lightly as he sits down in the booth across from me. Silence surrounds us, but it makes me totally uncomfortable. The waiter comes over, and I order spaghetti with red sauce. I zone out as Grady orders.