Stowaway

Y/N's POV
We continued to follow the direction of the avatar for days, without encountering him once.

Zuko was growing more tireless and angry by the day.

One night, I was begging Zuko to join the crew above deck for music night, he refused as Iroh was begging him to play the sungi horn.

Whilst the rest of the crew and Iroh was above deck dancing and playing music, I stayed in Zuko's room, begging him to join them.

"Please, Zuzu"

I teased.

"No."

"Come on! I want to dance with you! Like old times!"

When Zuko and I were younger, I'd get him to dance around the garden with me, neither of us were the best dancers, but I enjoyed the freedom of dancing the way the actor's would on stage whenever we attended the theatre, it wasn't usually allowed in the fire nation, but being friends with the prince and princess had it's perks.

"I am not dancing around in front of the crew, Y/N!"

"Please, Zuko! For me."

He sighed and dropped his composure and started to walk towards me before the door opened and he slammed himself back into the wall and crossed his arms.

He stated:

"For the last time, I'm not playing the sungi horn."

Iroh stood at the door, despair apparent on his face,

"No, it's about our plans. There is a bit of a problem."

We both turned to Iroh and from behind him emerged Zhao. Great.

He looked at Zuko and stated:

"I'm taking your crew."

"What!?"

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

Zuko turned to Iroh,

"Uncle, is that true?"

"I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone. Even the cook..."

Zhao then continued,

"Sorry you won't be there to watch me capture the avatar, but I can't have you getting in my way again."

Zuko went to attack Zhao but Iroh stopped him yelling "no!"

Zhao took notice of the dual swords hung on Zuko's wall, and walked over to them, examining one of them.

"I didn't know you were skilled with broad swords, Prince Zuko."

Zuko quickly responded,

"I'm not. They're antiques. Just decorative."

"Have you heard of the blue spirit, General Iroh? Y/N?"

Iroh calmly responded,

"Just rumours. I don't think he is real."

I continued,

"He isn't, he's just a ghost story."

But Zhao opposed,

"He's real, all right. He's a criminal and an enemy of the Fire Nation. But I have a feeling justice will catch up with him soon. General Iroh, the offer to join my mission still stands, if you change your mind. Y/N, I'd like to speak with you, if you'd be kind enough to follow me above deck."

Zuko went to speak against him but I nodded followed him before sending Zuko a smile, trying to tell him not to worry.

Zhao sat at a table in the captain's cabin and gestured for me to sit across from him.