Part 2

Hearing shouts outside, Lisa's eyes opened. Sitting up, she saw Jennie stirring awake. Glimpsing past the curtains, she saw they were no longer trotting on dirt road. Leaning back, she yawned.

"Sounds like we're here," said Jennie.

"Yeah," said Lisa as she rubbed her eyes. The shouts echoed again and soon after they came to a halt. Jennie opened the door eager to stretch her legs. The sky remained pitch black, but the estate was well lit. The carriages packed in the large front yard and Jennie saw the others standing at the front doors. Lisa jumped out behind her and closed the carriage door.

Walking up the steps Lisa caught Jisoo and Irene hugging each other closely. The others were helping the drivers with the luggage. While Kai and Seulgi appeared to be talking to Taeyong. Spotting them, Taeyong smiled broadly.

"Here they are!" he opened his arms and Lisa hugged him first. She then moved to give Seulgi a hug as well. Jennie gave Taeyong a small smile as he engulfed her in his arms.

"You look good Jen," he whispered and placed a peck on the top of her head, "How are you you?" he asked softly as he rubbed her arm.

"I'm good, thank you," she patted his back.

"You look ready for bed," giggled Seulgi ruffling Lisa's hair.

"I basically am," she replied.

"Then let's show you to your rooms," said Seulgi connecting their arms.

"Yes," smiled Taeyong as kept Jennie under his arm and directed her inside, "I'll show you where." Kai moved out their way and watched intrigued as Jennie swung an arm around Taeyong's waist as they walked towards Nayeon and Max.

"Hey, you good over here?" asked Taehyung stepping next to him.

"Yeah," said Kai, eyes still on Jennie and Taeyong, "They seem to know each other well," he pointed.

Taehyung nodded, "Oh yeah, they use to date each other."

"Seriously?" Kai's voice pitched.

"Yeah," laughed Taehyung, "I think Jisoo set them up or something."

Kai's face broke into a surprised smile, "No way! I thought she and Chaeyoung were lifelong soulmates."

Taehyung chuckled as he crossed his arms, "I do think Chae and Jen are soulmates. But that does not mean they have not been with other people. I think Jen and Ty dated for only a few months."

"My, my who knew," Kai turned to him amused, "Has Chaeyoung been with other people?"

"Mmm," nodded Taehyung, "Chae was placed into the field really early. Not too long into her," Taehyung thought for a second, "Say about her first year and a half into the senior military school. Not surprising considering how talented she is," he said, "But yeah, Jim told me there was at least one person Chae had a romance with when she was deployed early to a village somewhere on the outskirt of the south-east borders."

Kai squinted as he thought over what he was being told, "Interesting," he said.

"Doesn't matter though," shrugged Taehyung, "I always knew my sister and Chae would end up together," Kai looked Taehyung in the eyes.

"What makes you think that?" he asked, and Taehyung looked over at his sister.

"I don't know how to explain it. But having grown up watching both, one could just tell they were made for each other. It is weird but Jim and I always sensed that," Taehyung smiled as he turned back to look at Kai, "And I'm happy that they're going to be in communion together. My sister is at her happiest with Chae and I'm grateful for that."

Kai saw Taehyung's eyes darken, "But?" he asked.

Taehyung shook his head, "But nothing. I mean what I say. I just wish," he looked down," I just wish Jim would have told me that he gave his grandparents communion stones to Chae."

"I see," said Kai. Groups of luggage continued to be ushered in passed them. Kai wanted to say something, but Max's voice interrupted him.

"Hey, you two, are you going to come inside to eat? Taeyong prepared some food for us," he said, and Taehyung nodded.

"Thank you, we're coming," he turned to Kai, "Let's go," he held out his hand. Taking hold of it, Kai smiled as Taehyung led them inside.

"You should head back to your hut Jim," said Sowon.

He looked at her amused, "And what of you? Don't you need to get rest as well."

"I do. But I need to finish up looking at the patrol books," said Sowon.

"Well," clapped Jimin, "Let me keep you company until you're finish. Then I will walk you back to your hut."

He sat down on the couch and poured himself another glass of wine. Sowon pursed her lips as she watched him. Standing up from her desk, she sat next to him. He turned to her with a smile.

"Would like one too?"

"No thank you," she said. He closed the bottle and took a sip. Looking at the side of his face, Sowon spoke softly, "Why are you still here Jim?"

Sighing Jimin took another sip of wine then placed down the glass. Rubbing his hands together, he struggled to decide how to start. Some moments of silence passed before he spoke, "You've been avoiding me Sowon," he turned to her, "I just wanted to know why."

Sowon puffed her cheeks, "This is what you wanted to talk about?"

"So you have been avoiding me?" said Jimin

Hand trailing through her hair, she searched for her hair tie. No longer on her wrist, she stood up to check her desk, "We've both been busy."

"Not that busy," said Jimin as she returned, tying her hair up. As she sat down, he looked at her seriously.

"Okay fine Jim," she looked away from him, "I've been avoiding you."

His hand stretched out towards her face, but she shifted back. Hand dropping, he let out a breath and reached for his glass instead.

"We should go," said Sowon.

"Why have you been avoiding me? It's not like we can't still see each other outside work," he glugged down the wine. She watched as he placed down the empty glass.

"You know what I said," she started.

"You said," Jimin injected as he tapped his fingers on the table, "That we should not sleep with each other again. Not that we should not see each other again."

Sowon stared at his fingers, "Did you speak to Taehyung yet?" his hands pausing was enough of an answer, "When are you going to tell him Jim? When are you going to decide?" he remained facing forward. She stood up, "Until you do, we don't have much of anything to discuss unless it relates to the village affairs. Now could we please go," turning he watched as she packed up some books. Standing up, he waited until she had everything. Opening the door, they left together without saying another word.