Chapter 7

Hayden arrived at Hogwarts on Friday night. Now he had to figure out how he was going to keep his distance from Draco for the next two days until school officially starts.

It was easier said than done. Somehow, everywhere Hayden went it seemed the Draco was always there before him!

Hayden desperately needed time for just himself, but he just couldn't seem to get that. Hayden made his way back into the common room from the library and immediately started to climb the stairs to the second floor.

Hayden told the portrait on the wall the phrase he had gotten from Sev the other day. The portrait immediately swung open, revealing a dark lit room with dark green and black furniture decorating the area.

"Hello?" Hayden called. Hearing no response, he decided that there were no students in the room.

"Mum? Are you here?" he called once more, again no response. Hayden shrugged at the silence, walking over to the black leather couch that sat in front of a smaller fireplace than what the common room held. It was rather cozy.

Hayden flopped down on the sofa, happy to finally have time to himself so that he could think and maybe even take a nap with the feeling of Draco's eyes on him. Not that he minded it, though.

But why didn't he mind it? It wasn't like he liked being around Malfoy or anything. He guessed that it wasn't all bad compared to when he was just Harry.

He still needed to figure out how to deal with that as well. The death of Harry Potter. He should probably talk with his father about that sometime soon.

He had time, not much, but he had it. At the moment, he would much rather try and figure out what in the world is going on with Draco.

When he walked into his dorm last night, he was completely entranced by watching his roommate. He had no idea why, but he just could take his eyes off him.

Something just kinda clicked, he guessed, like a warm fuzz covered his heart.

Wait! Did he just describe having a crush? ON DRACO!

Hayden groaned as he brought his hands to his face, covering the blush that once again threatened to engulf him.

Hayden could hear the fireplace come to life and could only guess that his mother walked in the room. He felt the other end of the sofa dip and the other sat down.

"And to what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" Severus asked.

"I think I'm having a crisis" Hayden mono-toned.

"Oh? And why might that be?" Sev deadpanned right back.

"I think I have a crush and I don't know how to deal with it" The younger confessed.

"And who is the lucky soul?"

"Mhmhm" Hayden mumbled, not wanting to say it out loud.

"Speak up Hayden, there's no need to mumbled"

"Malfoy" Hayden sighed out. The reality of it crashing down on him. Why me?

"Hmm" Severus hummed in thought.

"Hayden, I think it's time you and I had a talk" Severus finally said.

Hayden shot up from his spot laying on the coach, wide eyes staring at his mother. He was not going to look forward to this.

---

Severus led Hayden over to his bedroom so that they could have a more private setting to talk in, just in case someone were to walk through the portrait.