Part 2

"Kira returned earlier with some really great news," said Kai as they finished up dinner, "And hopefully Lis its news that could fill our pockets," Lisa reached for her glass of wine aware that she needed more of it.

"And what is it?' asked Jisoo. Kai looked around the table smile broad.

"The Midland rebellion leadership agreed to meet us. They will be coming here hopefully in two weeks' time," the table clapped in enthusiasm.

"Oh wow that's wonderful news, we should toast to that," said Taeyong and ordered for the servers to bring champaign to the living room area. They made their way there and the chatter was lively. Lisa took a glance at Jisoo as she smiled at something Duke said.

"How do you think they pulled this off," said Jennie as she stepped next to her.

"However, he did this, I don't trust it," said Lisa her eyes still on the princess, "Ey Jen, do you think Chu is alright?" Jennie looked over at their friend.

"What do you think?"

"I think she's putting on a front," said Lisa.

"Of course she is," said Jennie, "It's barely been three days since her mother's funeral and here she is having to plan a war against her father, who is not her biological father."

Lisa bit her lip at that. This was not good. She wondered when the bubble would burst. Caps popped open as the champaign was poured. Jisoo and Kai made a toast as they drank and chatted. Half an hour in to this, one of Taeyong's servants whispered in to his ear and he relayed the message to Jisoo.

"Let them him," she instructed and Taeyong nodded at the servant. The room turned silent at her words and some moments later the servant returned with Devlin and Chrissie behind him. Jennie stood up surprised to see them.

"Your highness," they bowed as Devlin greeted them.

"And what do we owe the pleasure?" asked Jisoo.

"I bring a letter from prince Jimin and the village leadership," he took out the letter and handed it to the server. Shuffling over, he handed it to her.

"What does it say?" she asked.

"It's best you read it your highness. And perhaps if you have any messages for me to relay back to them then I shall do so."

Jisoo opened the contents of the letter and began to read. Kai looked over at the couple, "It's good to see you Devlin and your wife is as lovely as you've described," he said.

"Thank you," they said in unison.

"May you give us a moment of privacy?" asked Jisoo as she looked at them, "I'd like to discuss this with my council."

"Certainly," said Devlin and they were escorted out the room.

"What does it say?" asked Suga

"Jimin states that he had no idea of King Eon's intentions. He does not want the throne and fully supports my succession to the throne. He has also asked that if any internal warfare breaks out that their refugee village remains a non-contact zone."

Taehyung released a relieved breath. He was happy to hear Jimin was not willing to engage in any of this. At the very least that aspect of him has not changed. Jennie too was relieved.

"That's really great news," said Kai.

"They're smart people," nodded Suga.

"What do you think?" Jisoo turned to Lisa and Jennie.

"This is good," said Jennie, "It means you won't have to worry of him or any forces he may have. Furthermore, he is in support of you. Which is something we can leverage against King Eon."

"I agree and the fact that he has contacted you first is an indication of sincerity," said Lisa.

"Oh? Can we really take his word for it?" asked Jisoo.

"I believe we can," said Jennie.

"So, do I," said Taehyung.

"Your highness," Kai smiled at her, "I agree with them. Jimin's support...along with any forces he may have could be of great benefit to us," Jennie did not enjoy the tone of his voice.

"How so?" asked Jisoo.

Kai shrugged his shoulders, "Well your highness, I do believe one of the most highly regarded up and coming tacticians resides in that village," most of the eyes in the room peaked at Jennie aware that he was referring to Chaeyoung.

"Mmm," hummed Jisoo as she re-read the letter, "You make a point. But for now, I think all we should request of them is to make their position public. It would serve the king well to hear that the prince refused his throne," she gestured for the server to bring them back in.

"Tell Jimin that I fully appreciate this gesture and that I accept all that it says. The only thing I ask is that he personally makes this a public declaration as soon as he is able. If you could please relay this to him."

"I shall," said Devlin.

"Well then," clapped Johnny as he turned to Taeyong, "I think this is another reason for another round of champaign."

"Here! Here!" shouted Max and they all laughed. The servers placed the music back on as Jisoo got up, seeing Lisa and Jennie speaking to the couple.

"Really didn't expect to see you here," said Jennie.

"Yes, well neither did we," laughed Devlin. He smiled as Jisoo stepped up to them, "Thank you again, princess, for welcoming us so cordially."

"It's a pleasure," she said, "Thank you, for taking the time to come here. Would you like to stay for the champaign?"

"Unfortunately, we need to return back to the capital," said Devlin, "But thank you so very much for the invitation."

"I understand," she smiled and shook his and Chrissie's hands.

"We'll be off then," said Devlin.

"I'll walk you out," said Jennie.

"Alright then, thank you again," said Devlin.

"Lisa, don't be shy to come by and tell me about Somin," said Chrissie and gave her hug.

"I'm definitely going to do that," smiled Lisa, "As long as some of those books are stacked away," Chrissie grabbed Devlin's hand again. They waved as Jennie walked them out. Jisoo turned to Lisa wanting to ask about what Chrissie mentioned but Seulgi came to them with champaign in hand, making her miss the chance.

"Are you going to be okay getting back?" asked Jennie.

"Yes," said Devlin, "Our carriage and driver are all magi," he laughed, "It got us here in twenty minutes."

"I'm glad, you won't be travelling long," said Jennie, "Well then I guess this is goodnight," she smiled.

Chrissie grinned knowingly at the brunette and then patted Devlin's chest, "Jen," Chrissie's voice was sweet, "Is there a message you would like Devlin to relay back to the village."

Sheepishly Jennie fiddled with her fingers and nodded, "Actually yes. If it's not too much of an effort could you tell Chaeyoung where I am and that hopefully I will be able to come back in a few days time."

"I will tell her that," said Devlin.

"Oh, and tell her that I miss her," added Jennie, fingers still twiddling, "And that I'm thinking of her always. And that I love her," she looked up at them shyly.

Devlin chuckled softly, pulling her in to another hug, "Okay Jen, I'll tell her everything you've said. Now you be careful alright. If you need any help just say my name," he let go of her as he and Chrissie both gave her winks. Waving as their carriage rode down the road, Jennie hugged her arms close and walked back inside.