6:16| Harper ✦ unlike you

Thanasima— no, his dear friend Thomas was sitting inside the cold cell. The shadow of the bars landed on his face, and Harper still can't believe they managed to get this guy behind bars. His face did not betray his emotions, as usual. How the mighty has fallen.

"The king, wants you dead." Harper Cagan said sharply, no use beating the bush when Thomas already knows what would become of him for all of his crimes. A murderer. A loveless. A heretic, that's what he's called for going against the Godess' teachings. Someone forsaken by the goddess.

Harper felt dark hatred churning inside of him. This, Thanasima was also the one who murdered his beloved Harriet.

And the same loveless Thomas was also rubbing his left arm uneasily.

"You—" No it can't be. Thanasima was loveless, Harper was sure of it. But words were distinctively burned in his arm

Don't you dare kill him.

His soulmark said. It was laughable, the irony of his other half's words in this situation. Who would have thought that someone so cruel would even be blessed by the goddess?

Thomas pulled his hand back roughly,
Obviously disgruntled. He was giving a rueful smile, almost as if he himself also cannot believe the irony of it all.

"I met her too late," Thomas said in the same bitter voice he remembered. "She's such a pretty little thing. But so... fragile. If I held her in my hands, she'd break," He remarked fondly, before his eyes turned razor sharp. " I can't believe the goddess gave me a fucking glass doll. Weak, and pathetic."

"How could you say those things about your soulmate!" Harper screamed at his impassive face, while slamming his hands on the metal bars.

"Having a soulmate does not make a difference," He said in a voice so sure. This wasn't Thomas anymore he was talking to. This was Thanasima. Cold, loveless Thanasima who murdered Harriet, and all other soulmates out there. "I care not of that little wench."

But maybe this was also Thomas he was talking to. Thomas who, maybe in that twisted heart of his wanted to protect his other half, by claiming she was of no one of importance to him.

So that others won't use her to get to him.

"I won't find her," Harper assured. Harriet would not have wanted him to kill Thanasima's soulmate. He's not like Thanasima who operates by an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. "I am not like you. Thomas."