Chapter 23

AN: Hey guys, I hope you guys are well. Thanks for the support so far, it really makes me want to write more of the story, and I also really enjoy it. Hopefully you guys are okay with the direction of the story. The Perzoe ship won't start sailing until Titan's Curse, but Perseus will have seen Zoë a long time in the past, but didn't want to take her away from her new family. Also, I know this is very far in the future, but two things. 1, I am unsure of how Zoë will survive, I was thinking Perseus gives up his partial immortality, and 2, should the Giants War/Second Great Prophecy be a sequel? Or should it be one book? What do you guys think? Also, for the great prophecy, Perseus and Zoë won't be a part of it, but will be like guardians I guess. Anyways, sorry for the long author's note and please enjoy!

Recap:

Maximus fainted and Perseus ran over to grab him, his hood still covering his face. He saw a centaur, Chiron, and a blonde haired girl walk out towards them as Perseus lay his brother on the ground.

"Who are you?" the blonde asked.

Perseus smiled. "You are very curious, just like your mother. My name is not important, but his is. He is Maximus Jackson, Max for short. Please take care of him." The girl and the centaur nodded.

Perseus bowed in thanks and turned to leave. Before he left he turned his head to face the duo. "Hey Chiron, make sure to give Max that pen," he said, leaving Chiron bug-eyed before he disappeared into mist.

"Who was that?" The blonde asked.

"An old friend," Chiron said as they took Maximus into Camp Half-Blood

Present:

Camp had been going well for Maximus. He had met Mr. D and Chiron, who was actually Mr. Brunner, and finally understood that Grover was a satyr. Chiron had also given him a familiar looking pen, which he uncapped to see a bronze sword named Anaklusmos. However, he hadn't noticed the presence of a certain immortal demigod watching over him.

Perseus had been watching the son of Poseidon while he trained and during the capture the flag games. When his brother was claimed, he felt proud, especially due to his brother's prowess with hydrokinesis. He knew it would be a matter of time before he received a quest, so he felt like it was a perfect time to reveal himself.

Maximus walked into his cabin after being claimed. Also, receiving the quest to retrieve the master bolt was very nerve-wracking. He sat down on his bed, thinking of the prophecy he received. "Well, I'm guessing Hades is the god that was turned, and we will obviously retrieve the master bolt," he said, thinking aloud. "But who will betray us? And what won't I save?"

"You done?" a voice came from within his cabin, causing Maximus to jump and grab his pen and uncap it.

"Who are you?" Maximus asked, putting his sword up and looking around the room.

At this moment, Perseus stepped out of the shadows. "I would rather you not kill me with my own sword if you were going to kill me," he said with a smile.

Maximus slowly dropped Anaklusmos and capped the sword, causing it to return to a pen. "Who are you?" Maximus asked again.

"I'm Perseus, brother of Achilles and son of Thetis," Perseus said. "I'm also your brother. My birth father is Poseidon."

Maximus' jaw dropped. "Wait, you're my brother? But how?" he asked. He then realized fully what his new-found brother had said. "Wait. Achilles is your brother?! How old are you?""

Perseus chuckled softly. "Old. I've been alive since before the Trojan War, and I led the sack of Troy."

Maximus looked at his brother. "So, what have you been doing since then?"