Upfront With You

Brixton's Parents house. If you want to see more of it, there's an external link and I have posted a comment in my conversation section on my profile.

Brixton kisses the top of my head as I keep rambling on.

"You can't possibly believe that I'm going to be able to handle this as a real adult because I'm not. I'm literally going to ruin your whole Christmas Eve. They are going to hate me. I can't do this. No, no, no. I am absolutely not going to leave this home. Are you crazy?"

"Breathe, kitten. Reign. You have to breathe."

I take a deep breath, much to Brixton's relief and satisfaction.

"They already know about the two of us and your history with Houston. They know everything, and they would love to meet you. Neither of my parents nor do my siblings care that you switched brothers. They scolded Houston for cheating and are ready to welcome you into our family as my girlfriend. And before they say it, I talk about you all the time."

"Are you sure?"

"You are going to be my wife someday, they might as well meet you now. Plus, I have another surprise besides this for you."

"I'm really starting to dislike your surprises."

"You'll love them all. They already love you. Just be yourself."

"Myself? The nervous, anxiety filled, and absolutely terrifyingly weird girl?"

"You don't see what I see, do you? You are way more than that. Yes, you are weird. But you're strong-willed, kind, determined. You're smart as hell, generous to a level of concern, and you care about everyone you meet. You are a light in dark days. You are my light and my everything. I can't get enough of you. I'm in love with you."

"I'm in love with you too."

Brixton presses a kiss to my lips.

"You know brown eyes, you are going to have the best wedding vows."

"If I'm to be honest, and this might sound crazy, I've already written them."

My eyes widen, and in my surprise, Brixton tugs me out of the apartment.

"You what?"

"I wrote them a week after we started dating."

"Okay, Jim Halpert. You got a ring yet?"

"Yep, and you're going to love it."

"You actually do?"

"Of course I do. Three weeks after we started dating."

"Lord have mercy."

Brixton opens the passenger door of his car and helps me get in with my long dress. The ride is spent with me subtly freaking out in the passenger seat while listening to The Black Keys. We sing the lyrics out on the top of our lungs, and I play with Brixton's fingers the whole way to his parents house. When we pull up in front of his parents house, I clasp my hands together.

"It's so cute!"

"After us kids moved out, my dad bought it for her."

"As a present. I remember from when we were talking in the tree months ago."

"Yeah. I remember."

"I love this house."

"I can't wait until you see the inside."

Brixton turns off his car and helps me out of the car. He takes my arm and laces it through his, guiding me to the front door. I chew on my bottom lip nervously as Brixton rings the doorbell. A beautiful woman opens the front door and practically leaps onto me, hugging me tight. When she pulls away, a bright almost blindly smile is plastered onto her face.