VIII. Mr. King

Athena

Oh no!

"Green-eyed monster!" I mumbled under my breath, hoping he wouldn't hear it. I couldn't believe my eyes, what the heck is he doing here? Why does it always have to be like this? I was running away from him and now I just ran into him.

"Miss Walker, this is Mr.King, the founder and CEO of King's Corporation," Mr.James said shakily.

Mr.King didn't remove his gaze from me even for a second and neither did I from him. It's like I couldn't move my eyes, it was frozen by him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me harshly, His green eyes piercing through my soul.

I flinched slightly at his tone but recovered soon to reply, The nerve of this ass "I'm here_"

"She's the new trainee business analyst Mr.King." Mr.James cut me off.

I watched Mr.King raise his eyebrows, eyeing my lazily with a smirk. Idiot!

My palm itched to wipe it off his pretty face yet being in a professional environment I had to control myself.

"Business analyst huh!" He said lowly more like to himself before turning to look at Mr.James who was visibly sweating.

"Ask someone else to fill this position, I'm sure there are many other deserving candidates." My jaw dropped in surprise, This is bastard f**king called me undeserving. Arg! God help me before I murder him.

He glanced at me for a second, his face stoic before turning his head to walk away "Follow me!" He said more like commanded.

I was confused by his behaviour, why should I follow him? I hope he doesn't punish me for spilling latte or worse scratching his million-dollar car.

I shot a wary glance at Mr.James, pleading with my eyes to save me, can't believe a moment ago I was going to kill him and now I'm cowering in fear. He gave a sympathetic smile and gestured to me to follow.

"Should I arrange a chauffeur or what?" The monster barked impatiently while standing near the door, giving me a stern look.

I sighed defeatedly and followed the monster out of the office. He was visibly taller than me, maybe by a foot. His strides were long which I couldn't keep up with. I had to literally jog to keep up with him and entered the lift before he left me alone.

The lift doors closed, the tension was so thick that I could barely breathe. He stood still looking ahead with a blank face. I glanced at his face a bit longer than necessary, does he ever smile? I asked myself.

"How long are you planning to bore holes into my face?" he quizzed annoyedly without looking at me.

Was it that obvious?

I looked away and cleared my throat "I wasn't looking at you, I was just checking the surroundings." I lied and moved my hands to emphasize the fact.

He didn't say anything and immediately walked out of the lift. I quickly followed him and looked at the place. Unlike the other floor this had a dark blue and grey theme making it look dark and masculine. I could feel the powerful aura radiating from this place just like the man in front of me. He opened a huge brown door and walked in not even bothering to check whether I was following him or not.

Before the doors closed, I stepped in through the remaining gap. My eyes widened when I looked at the view in front of me, we are at the top most floor, giving a bird's eye view of the Parisian city. Wow!