*A Normal Day...Until*

"We should give each other nicknames!" The young girl exclaimed, the absolute best idea she had ever come up with popping into her head, making her hazel eyes light up with excitement.

"Why can't we just use our real names?" The young boy asked without looking up from his book. He could never stop reading.

The girl huffed, arms crossing in mock annoyance, "All best friends have nicknames for each other!" She rolled her eyes, as if the boy was stupid.

"Alright then." He closed the book gently and hugged it to his chest, smiling all the while.

"You first! Pick one for me!" She pointed. The boy tilted his head back and looked up at the ceiling as if it might contain the perfect nickname within its material
.
"How about..." He paused, for dramatic effect, "Zayli." He glanced back at the girl to gauge her reaction.

"Zayli..." The girl repeated, furrowing her brows in thought. "I like it!" She grinned suddenly. "Ok my turn! I get to pick yours!" She clapped with excitement. She raked the boy over with her eyes. Analyzing his sandy coloured hair to his bright steel blue eyes, which were currently staring at her in anticipation. A lightbulb went off in her head.

She had found his nickname.

"Ben!" 

The boy scrunched up his face in confusion, "Why Ben? It's not even close to my name."

"If you take your last name and take out the letters K, O and I you get Ben!" The girl threw her arms up in the air.

He shook his head reopening his book, "I don't like it!"

"Well now I'm definitely gonna call you Ben!" The girl stood up and started to dance around the room belting the name "Ben" as loud as she could.

The boy laughed while covering his ears, his book falling closed again, "Alright! I'll take Ben! Just stop your terrible singing!"

>>>

Azaylia awoke with a lung-busting gasp. Her dream!
"Obi Wan" She thought to herself. She remembered that day as if it was only just  yesterday that it happened.

It was back when she was still at The Jedi Temple, training to become a Jedi. She was around seven at the time, so that meant he would've been around nine. They were the best of friends and were scarcely seen separated from each other. Azyalia came up with a great idea for them to give each other nicknames. She thought it would be sort of nice to have something special to share between just the two of them. He had given her the nickname "Zayli" and she gave him the nickname "Ben". She didn't really know why... the name just stood out.

Azaylia smiled at the fond memory but that smile was quickly replaced by a frown. She had left the Jedi Temple long ago because of several strong pulls to the Dark Side, the last one almost ending in something she could never forgive herself for. Azaylia didn't want to cave and become a Sith so, she set off to rekindle her relationship with the Force. She had left for Tatooine without saying goodbye to Obi-Wan, feeling that he would hate her for leaving and never forgive her.

Azaylia had no clue why she picked Tatooine exactly. It was just a blazing hot dust-bowl, full of the worlds most worst criminals and bandits in the galaxy. The beginning of her new life had not been exactly ideal. She couldn't find a place to stay or any food to eat. She was hopeless. That is, until a woman named Shmi Skywalker had found her, nearly starved, and unhealthily thin. Shmi had taken her back to her home and nursed her back to health. Azaylia had been living with her ever since.