14

"Try me

"Try me."

There is a faint intensity to his simple words accompanied by a sheer look of determination on his face. Atë holds his unwavering gaze, unafraid of the energy created in the room. She feigns sadness by pushing her bottom lip forwards, "Does this mean the game is over?"

Kol lets up on the eye contact and continues on, this time pursuing a more flirty path instead. "Okay next statement. You think I am the most attractive Mikaelson sibling."

Her eyebrows raise at his bold direction and she lets out a chuckle, "Hmm that's a tough one. I mean Rebekah is drop dead gorgeous, Elijah has that subtle smoldering look down pat and Klaus, oh he just knows how attractive he is." Kol rolls his eyes at the girl, knowing all to well that she is messing with him, even if her words are true, which they are. "I'll give you this one, just this once," she states before drinking more tequila.

A smile toys on the edge of his lips, enjoying how she can go along with his antics but also challenge them at the exact same time.

His half-brother's words from earlier in the day echo in his head, so he plasters a smirk on his face as he boldly states, "You are undeniably gorgeous."

The goddess' face embodies neutrality as she stares at the boy sitting across from her with a smug look present on his features. She's caught off guard; not by his manners in which he flirts, but by the hints of vulnerable truth laced throughout his statement. Atë opens her mouth to argue but he cuts her off, "Nope, you can't deny it so drink up."

Noticing her lack of expression and movement, Kol pushes the bottle forwards, urging her to take a sip. She peers down at the now halfway filled bottle and raises it to her lips once more. Before drinking she mutters out, "You think you're so smooth." He lets out a laugh at her statement, not disagreeing in the slightest.

After taking a long sip, Atë gives back the bottle to Kol, only for it to slip through his fingers and fall on the ground. He rushes to stand the open bottle upright before all the tequila spills out onto the rug, the pair laughing as this takes place. The girl giggles, "You're cut off!" Kol begins to protests as she mutters out, "For an Original vampire, you are kind of a light weight."

Kol flings his arms out, "It was an accident!"

"You have supernatural speed, you could have easily caught that bottle before it spilled if you were sober," she points out.

The vampire scoffs at her and retorts when realization hits him, "I do have supernatural speed, don't I?" In a second, he pins her down with her arms held above her head.

She gasps, pretending to be annoyed by his actions, only to disappear from his grasp and appear on the other side of the room. "Wow after all this time you're still too slow."

He huffs in slight frustration and runs after her again, giving into the game despite begrudgingly knowing he can't win. Atë just uses her powers again to avoid him, all while laughing at his pathetic attempts to capture her. "Would you stop doing that?"