ONE, recollections of old.

"Hey, Chim, sorry if we kept you waiting for too- Why are you staring at that poster?" Taehyung questioned as he and Jungkook exited the shop with packets of chips in their hands.

Jimin didn't seem to have heard him, as he continued looking at the large board hanging on the wall. It featured a woman wearing a simple sundress, advertising the brand. Taehyung's eyes trailed over to the bottom where it was written 'Elite Model Management' and it clicked, making him hold back a sigh.

Jennie. Jimin was thinking about Jennie.

Taehyung had been worried about Jimin since the time he mentioned that they'd be going to Santiago De Chile to open a branch of their business there, because, well, Jennie was there. Although the older continuously reassured he was over her, it was only the first day in Chile and he was staring at a poster from her former model company.

Its been seven years... Taehyung thought bitterly. He still wasn't over her. She had definitely broken, no, crushed him into pieces.

She had gone to this very place seven years at only twenty once she got offered an opportunity from a modelling agency. Jimin had supported her wholeheartedly as her boyfriend, watching as she rose to the top. Then about a year later, she had broken up with him, without an explanation whatsoever.

Taehyung would never forget how that impacted Jimin.

And how long it took for himself to find himself again.

It didn't just end there, of course. As a rising business, the three had to visit Chile just two years later for a gala which was open to famous CEOs. Jimin didn't want to go, but he did for his company. He saw her, actually he couldn't not see her. Her posters were everywhere - heck, everyone wanted model Ruby Jane.

Then just two months later, news broke the world saying she had quit and supposedly gotten pregnant.

The way the world took a 180° on her was appalling. The hate, the death threats, the name-calling... damn, that's something you would never wish was directed to you.

But when Taehyung thought of what she did to Jimin, he couldn't really that sorry for her.

"Jimin hyung, you're going to look like a pervert looking at that poster for so long," Jungkook piped up, interrupting both their train of thoughts.

Jimin snapped out of his daze and gave an awkward chuckle "Ah, no, just wondering about something..."

"You mean, Jennie." Taehyung casually cut in, straightforward.

The way Jimin rubbed his neck sheepishly after widening his eyes in surprise confirmed it.

Jungkook sighed "Hyung..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," he muttered, before clearing his throat. He ought to get over her, he knew. They knew too. But they didn't know how hard it was for him.

"Whatever, I'm tired after touring this area for hours. Should we head back?"

"Yeah let's. I need to go back to get ready to meet my girlfriend," Jungkook smiled cheekily.

Taehyung rolled his eyes "You and your girlfriend."

"You're just jealous."

"Of what? The end result of either of you crying?" he bit back harshly, but regretted it immediately when he saw Jungkook's fallen expression and Jimin's tense shoulders.

"Shit, kookie, I'm so sorry," he said sincerely, scratching his neck in shame "I know all girls are not like that... It's just-"

"It's fine, we know you're sincere, Tae," Jimin quickly butted in. He knew how protective Taehyung had gotten over the three of them ever since his breakup with Jennie.

To clear the tension, he lightly elbowed Jungkook in the ribs, giving him a smile "Let's all go back and prepare lover boy for his reunion with his girlfriend okay?"

He managed to elicit a small laugh from Jungkook then and grinned. Taehyung also chuckled, seeing that the tense atmosphere had lifted and followed them out of the shop to call a cab.

×××

this chapter is quite plain bc its just to give the general vibe, setting and some bg info!

the drama begins the next chapterrr ;)