Chapter Twenty-Seven

Like that, two days had come and gone.

Each day filled with endless work and sleepless nights.

Arielle crawled out of bed for Jeremiah's third and final day at the company.

He had been so much help teaching her how to handle the corporate tasks as well as how to manage a lot of the paperwork she had been getting and for that, she was thankful.

With her, Zach, Kasey, and Bryant had stayed by her side, informing her on what they knew about Sebastian while she kept a close eye on her phone about what his other side knew as well.

She had known Zach only knew a handful about Sebastian's other field of work so stayed careful about what she knew and said, only letting him start the conversation instead of her.

Despite it still being a work day, Arielle dressed professionally and conservatively as she planned on meeting Sebastian's mother after sending Jeremiah off for the dress fitting that she found closer than expected.

Her outfit was a long black dress that hugged her curves with a white accent collar. She opted for a black hand bag and paired it with a pair of black heels before heading to do her makeup.

•••

•••

"And that's an overview of everything you need to do," Jeremiah grinned, "You're a fast learner, I can see why Sebastian chose you over some successor to the company."

"Oh you're too kind," Arielle smiled, "If anything, this is the only thing keeping me sane right now, I might as well do it to the best of my ability."

Jeremiah nodded before joking, "Your mindset is incredible, I might have to offer you a spot at my company instead."

"I could never." Arielle chuckled, "That would be almost borderline absur—"

Arielle stopped and she and Jeremiah both glanced at her phone.

She apologized as she reached for her ringing phone but just before switching it off, Jeremiah interrupted, "Please, take it."

Arielle nodded as she stood up and stepped out of the meeting room.

"Hello?" Arielle asked even before she could look at the caller ID. It was a habit she had developed just in case the call would have been about Sebastian.

"Hey Arielle! It's Kam!" A voice screamed over the voice of children in the background, "What are you doing right now?"

Arielle smiled at the voice of someone familiar, "I was just about to finish up a meeting. Why?"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Kamryn apologized, "I was curious if you were free or not to grab a quick meal but I hadn't realized that it was still a week day."

"No, it's fine!" Arielle reassured, "I can't make it but thank you for thinking about me. I have to go but I'll catch up with you at the end of the day."