Chapter 11

I woke up and rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I checked my phone.

10:00 AM on a Saturday.

I went to shower and brushed my teeth. I looked through my closet to find something to wear, but I had barely any outfits.

I finally decided on some loose jeans, a tight shirt, and a light jacket.

I grabbed my phone and went out the door to get breakfast. The cafeteria is open on the weekends for breakfast, so I got some eggs and bacon.

I sat down in the quad to eat and for once nobody interrupted me. I was just alone with my food.

peaceful.

I ate my bacon and eggs, enjoying every last bite. As soon as I was finished, my phone rang and I smiled.

they actually waited for me to be done! How nice of them.

I checked my phone and saw that it was Liv, so I answered right away.

"Anything yet?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I found the next piece they're going to be looking for. Also, I'm really sorry about yesterday. I wish you had actually told me how serious this was." She said and I laughed.

"I said it was life or death."

"I thought you were joking!"

"Okay anyways, whats the next piece?" I said.

"It's a trigger. The school probably hid it to make sure someone wouldn't just use it." She said and I laughed.

"A bit weird to separate the trigger from the weapon." I said and she laughed back.

"Okay that's all. Sorry again!" She replied.

"It's okay." I said and ended the call. Okay so the next one they'll need is the trigger. Hopefully Liv can get to the schedule in time for them to call us for the mission.

I texted the team to meet me at our spot and they all responded with yes. I went to the spot and Lucas was already there.

"Of course you're the first one here." I said laughing.

"As always." He smiled.

Blake was the next to get there. He walked up with his hands in his pockets, and looking down at the floor. He looked up and I could see his grey eyes. "Hey."

I briefly said hi to him and that's when I noticed how much Lucas and I despise Blake.

"We might need a team exercise." I suggested, and Blake shrugged. "Sure. I have nothing to do today anyways."

Tessa and Aura finally got here and as they did, they were talking and laughing. I love when Tessa shows emotions.

"So. The next piece is the trigger-"

Blake cut me off with his laugh. "What?"

"You're saying that the trigger isn't with the weapon?" He said, dying of laughter.

"That's what I thought too. Anyways-"

He kept on laughing, and soon Lucas even joined in. I looked at Lucas and then back at Blake. I didn't see what was so funny but whatever.

It was so refreshing to see Blake laughing hysterically. He never does that. I let out a breath as I smiled.

I started laughing as well and so did Tessa and Aura.

Part one of the team exercise complete. Didn't plan on it but now we're bonding!

ahem. Okay anyways.

"Now we just have to train a bit more, and wait for Mr. Peterson to give us the mission. Liv will hack into security footage and tell us what to expect." I said, and they all nodded.

"Do we know why Mr. Peterson didn't know there were going to be so many people?" Tessa asked and I sighed.

"It was probably because he had an alert from maybe 5-10 people, and the others were hiding in the shadows. Then when we got there, more people showed up." Lucas perked up.

"Makes sense." Aura said smiling.

"How about today we go somewhere together? Like the beach?" Aura suggested and I smiled with her.

The beach would be so fun!

"So how about the beach then?" I said, and everyone agreed.

We all went back to our dorms to get our bathing suits on. I brought a towel and tanning oil for myself, and then I put my hair into two french braids. I put on a pair of shorts to cover up my bikini bottoms, and my top was a basic black and white.

Aura put her hair up into a tight bun, and covered up with a cute sun dress.

Okay so sometimes, we sneak the car out. It's great.

We met up with Tessa at the parking spot. She was wearing a purple t-shirt to cover up, and her hair was in a high ponytail.

The boys finally got there, and so we were off. We took a secret exit to make sure the school didn't know we were leaving without signing out.

I drove off and we prepared for an hour drive to the beach.

The school is in a kind of forest-y setting. We have one store, and if you drive far enough there's an outlet mall. Fast food is a must, but nothing is close to the school.

We use a cloaking device so that no normal humans can see it. That's what we use on the car too.

"If I were running I would be there right now." Lucas pouted.

"Then go run?" Blake said and Lucas laughed.

"I guess I will." He replied, and he jumped out of the car.

Hold on he jumped out of the car??

This thing is going 200 miles an hour!

I stopped the car and we all flew forward, but not that much because of seatbelts.

Wear a seatbelt.

"I'm good!" Lucas yelled and we all laughed. He would heal that in about 10 minutes. Then he would run to the beach and we would get there at the time we get there.

Math sucks but it works.

I started the car back up and we were off again. I looked at Blake in the passenger seat and then back at the road quickly.

"Whats up Snow." He said.

"Nothing much. Just driving." I replied.

"So are you gonna look at me again or?" He teased and I blushed.

"Just trying to drive." I smirked, looking over to him again.

"I'm sure you are."

________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading and thank you so much for 25K reads!

reminder: it gets better :)