Arc 1: Chapter 1

Hyejin's eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaping her mouth as she stretched her arms. Slowly blinking, what came into her line of sight was a large room that had couches and a table. The windows were huge and sunlight crept into the room through the curtains.

This was not her room.

Flustered, she quickly stood up and walked around the room. There were paintings in the room that was old fashioned. The bed that she was on was huge yet it only took up a quarter of the space in the room.

She came across a full-length mirror and noticed the figure inside it. Turning her head to it, she stared at the reflection before her heart dropped. She touched the reflection with her right hand, her left touching her cheek.

Long straight hair coloured crimson red. Sharp honey-coloured eyes stared back at her. A slim body in a nightgown, hands soft as a newborn baby's butt. Skin as white and smooth like porcelain.

"What the.."

This is not her body.

There was a knock on the door before a voice spoke, "Milady, are you awake?"

The doors were pushed open and standing there was a young boy in a butler outfit. Hyejin stared at him before blurting out words she didn't mean to say out loud,

"Who are you?"

-

Her name was Hyejin. She worked a desk job from 9 to 5 which exhausted her to the max but had a hobby which was like healing to her. Writing. She loved writing. She even posted her original work online which got tons of reads and likes. It was extremely popular that she was able to make it into a book and had tons of sales from it. She was sitting in front of her laptop, scrolling through the comments before smiling to herself. 

To sum up what the book that she has written is about, it is about an earl's daughter who happens to catch the crown prince of Elaelind Kingdom's eyes at the coming-of-age ball. Their love then blossoms from that point. A sweet fluffy love story which made everyone who read it clench their hearts, sobbing. 

But all love stories must always have a villain which happened to be a Marquess' daughter named Elenor Berry Hester. She loved and obsessed over the prince with her whole heart so when she saw another lady catching his attention it made her furious and filled with jealousy.

She often tormented the heroine any chance she could, even using her own butler to do her dirty deeds. The heroine was always protected by the crown prince so all her efforts went down the drain. And because of her useless tactics, she brought them closer instead. The two fell in love deeply and nobody could separate them. 

As for Elenor, she died a tragic death by none other than her butler who had enough of her evil antics. 

However, Hyejin was suddenly transmigrated into her own work and became the villainess. The last thing she remembered was going to sleep in her apartment after deciding to write another book. The next thing she knew, she was in the world she had created. 

Now sitting on the couch in the room awkwardly, unsure what to do or say as the boy poured tea into her cup. He had black hair that was slicked back but some strands of hair were left untouched, keeping them to the right side. He had sharp black eyes and when you looked into them, it feels quite intimidating. His name was Alec. 

Hyejin quietly thanked him, slowly drinking the tea he brewed. Her eyes widened in surprise. The tea was delicious, nothing she had in her world.  

"Milady," he spoke out once she drank the tea he brewed. 

Glancing up at him, Hyejin waited for what he had to say next. His eyes gazed at her which gave her shivers down my spine. 

"Did you lose your memories?" he asked. 

She licked her lips that were dry before answering him, "...Not exactly.." 

He raised his eyebrow in suspicion, "Then why did you ask who I was milady?" 

Her eyes darted back and forth his face and the tea. She had read many books after these kinds of things but never expected she would relate to it now. She weighed her options a bit before deciding to go with her gut feeling. 

Looking back at him, Hyejin responded, "I was joking around." 

'Am I stupid?' 

He stared at me with unconvinced eyes but nodded, "I see." 

Hyejin went back to drinking her tea, happy that he wasn't asking further. After sitting in silence for so long, she cautiously side-eyed Alec. He was standing as still as a statue, his posture perfect. If anyone saw him without knowing, they would immediately think he's a noble. Alec then noticed her looking over at him. 

With a smile he spoke politely, "Do you need anything milady?" 

Hyejin shook her head, looking away. "No it is fine." 

Behind that smile of his was hatred. This butler she had created hated the villainess to the earth's core. Since young, the villainess has always acted like a spoiled brat, thinking she is above everyone and anyone lower than her is nothing but trash.

'Let's remember about Alec..' 

Alec. The personal butler of Elenor as she was the one who scouted him when she was 12. He was just a poor beggar in the streets and she happened to stumble upon him. At first, she was going to ignore him and maybe even kick him away but when she saw his face, she took him in. Why? Because he was a beauty although covered in dirt! So, she brought him in and made him as her exclusive butler. 

Anytime he did something wrong, she would scold and yell at him, even raising her hand at him or starving him until near death. It went far as whipping him until he bled. Truly a villainess who deserved nothing but to drown in the pits of hell. 

Hyejin shuddered, remembering the backstory she had written. This must be karma for writing such a cruel thing. 

God please forgive me, I would like to go back home now. I will change the backstory and give a better life for these characters so please, let me go home... 

Hyejin was lost in thoughts, crying in her heart, not noticing Alec looking over at her with an unreadable expression. 

---

Author's note: First chapter of this book! I don't know if I want to use Hyejin or Charlotte as her name,,,, what do you guys think? Also was supposed to post this at 1pm but its 2am here uH