Arriving at Auradon

" It's so-"

" Freaky?" Jay says.

" No beautiful." I say looking around with Carla in my arms. Carlos then wraps an arm around my waist pulling me close with Carla's carrier in his other hand. Carla was just looking around with curiosity in her eyes.

" Wait until you try chocolate. You're gonna love it." Carlos says. " Your stuff is in mine and Jays room by the way." I nod and we walk back to Auradon Prep.

" I'll get these back to the gym." Lonnie says then walking off. Jay then thanks her as she leaves. Wow never thought I'd hear the day he says 'Thanks'.

" Ben! There you are." A girl says coming up him. " Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look." She shows him something on a tablet, and they start whispering to each other. He then whispers something to Mal. Honestly I don't know what is happening so I just observe the situation. " Um, you know what? I can come back. but, uh, like really really soon." She says getting antsy.

" No, no, no. Now's fine. Um...do whatever you need to do." he says the last part to Mal. Mal just gave him a look before he walked away. Evie then starts to pull her away for some 'girl talk'. I don't like being apart of them because I not good giving advice about feelings.

" No." Carlos says. Me and Jay look at him surprised.

" 'No'?" Evie said confused.

" You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl-talk stuff or whatever, and Jay, Thana, and I are tired of it." Carlos said confidently. Wow this is no the boy who went to Auradon, but I love him even more.

" I'm not." Jay says defending himself, Carlos gave him a 'shut up look'. I just shrugged my shoulders not bothered.

" We're your family, too. We've been through a lot. Together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay?" He them looks at all of us. " Everyone, sit." He then sits criss cross on the lawn. We look at him weird but I then give in and sit next to him. He smiles at me and I smile back. " Come on" He says to the rest of the gang.

They all finally sit down and Carlos started to get confused. " I don't know how to start girl talk." He looks to me for help.

" Don't look at me, I never have been apart of girl talk." I say.

" What up?" Jay says trying his best. Evie and I chuckle a bit.

" Um... Well... I'm a mess. I'm such a mess." Mal says sadly. " I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies. And now, everyone wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I don't know how to keep up the act." Mal said starting to cry.

" Then don't" me and Carlos say.

" See? this was dumb." Jay says standing up.

" Sit your ass back down." He then rolls his eyes and follows my orders.

" Maybe it wasn't." Evie then takes Mal's hand. " We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle." At this point I was just playing along because I had just got here. " I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive, like come on you saw Thana today." We all laugh a bit. " But it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like any body else here. And that's okay. That's okay." Evie then started to tear up.

" And we can't fake it." Carlos adds and Evie shakes her head.

" Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book." Mal said. I feel it was time for me to but in.

" Well, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one." I say, they all nod in agreeance.

" I like that." Evie said approving my words.