Wake up

It's been weeks and there's been no progress with Olivia. Bucky is starting to worry that Tchalla will lose hope and she'll be stuck like that forever. They've been keeping her induced most of the time, aside from when they're testing to see if anything has worked. Which it hasn't.

Bucky has been going crazy. He's desperate to bring her back after being so close to a happy ending.

The picture on his desk from Coney Island caught his eye. He chuckled remembering how she had gotten sick that day and how he won her a stuffed animal.

Suddenly his door was thrown open. "Buck, come quick." Steve stood there with a worried look on his face.

Bucky's blood ran cold. He ran after Steve leaving his thoughts behind. "What happened Steve?!" He yelled following Steve through the staircase not wanting to wait for the elevator.

"They were doing some testing-"

"What happened?" He all but growled.

"I-" Steve was cut off with a scream coming from down the hall.

Bucky pushed past him and ran down the hall to find his girl. "Liv!" He yelled running into the room.

"Stay away! Stand back!" She yelled with tears in her eyes.

Liv was standing in the corner of the room with a knife she had swiped held against Shuri's throat.

"Let me go, and I'll let her go." Liv demanded.

"Liv.. " Bucky spoke under his breath. He hadn't seen her standing let alone talking in weeks. He slowly walked towards her.

"No! Stand back!" Liv yelled.

Bucky held his hands up, "back up!" He told the security.

"Let her go.." Bucky motioned towards Shuri.

"I'm okay." Shuri said Calmly.

"I'll let her go if you let me go." Liv repeated.

"Let her go, take me." Bucky stepped even closer.

"Stop trying to trick me!" Liv yelled.

"I'm not, I promise." Bucky said softly. "Take me instead."

Liv eyed him wearily.

"I promise, just let her go and take me and we can leave, no one will stop you."

Liv took a deep breath and nodded. "Quick."

"Bucky no-" Steve tried to cut in but Bucky quickly moved Shuri and took her place.

Liv pressed the knife to his neck "let's go."

"It's okay everyone, leave us."

"Bucky, she's not stable." Shuri warned him.

"I don't care, I got this. Just go. Everyone clear out!"

Steve didn't want to leave but he trusted Bucky. Everyone cleared the room leaving them alone.

"Why would you switch with her?" Liv asked from behind.

"I know you won't hurt me." Bucky said.

"You don't know that." She said softly. He could tell she didn't want to do this.

"Liv, listen-"

"Liv.. is that my name?" She asked.

"Technically, Olivia but I call you Liv."

"You know me?" She asked confused.

"Yes, we're... friends." He said.

"Why would you let them torture me?!" Her voice cracked as she asked and she pressed the knife tighter.

"They weren't torturing you.. I promise. You got hurt... they're trying to help." Bucky said softly.

"They were messing with my mind, the pain was... excruciating." He felt her starting to breath heavy.

"I know.. I know... the same thing happened to me." Bucky said. "I was hurt and they helped fix me.. it was painful at times but it was worth it in the end."

"I just want it to stop. " Liv sobbed dropping the knife.

Bucky quickly turned around. "I'm here with you okay?"

She nodded and buried her face in his chest.

Bucky quickly wrapped his arms around her. "I've got you." He softly rubbed her back.

"Thank you." Liv sniffled and pulled away. "Can you tell me what happened to me? I keep trying to think.. b-but I keep coming up blank."

"Uh, you were being brainwashed ... by some pretty bad people and our team is trying to help erase all that programming... it's been really hard which is probably why you can't seem to remember anything..." he sighed. "But hopefully they can repair your memory."

Liv nodded. "So I should stay?"

"I'm not going to force you to stay, but I really hope you do." Bucky nods.

Liv sighed and looked down. "Okay... I oddly trust you."

Bucky smiled softly. He was hoping that was a good sign.

Bucky peeked out the door and motioned to Shuri that it was clear.

Shuri walked back in and smiled at Liv. "Hello."

"I'm so sorry for holding you hostage." Liv frowned.

Shuri chuckled. "It's okay, I'm used to it. We can take this one step at a time. Let me know when you're ready."

Liv nods. "I'm ready. I just want to go back to normal."

"Okay, If that's what you want." Shuri called Her team in and they started hooking Live back up on the machine. 

Bucky squeezed Liv's hand. "I'm just a call away if you need me."

Liv smiled. "Thank you."

A/N: HEY GUYS! I know it's a short chapter but I was totally blocked. I finally was able to get through a scene because of your wonderful comments so thank you so much! I'll have the next chapter up by next week! Thank you!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!