40

Chapter 40:
HI, HOW ARE YOU?

Doctor Swift walked quickly while wearing her white coat into the hospital. Some nurses who walked back and forth when Taylor just smiled faintly and kept going. The girl looked left and right, before recognizing someone and walked quickly towards her coworker.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

Taylor asked with a deep breath to doctor Martha who was standing right in front of the emergency room who seemed to tremble. Taylor touched Martha's shoulder and the girl turned before hugging Taylor tightly.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Martha was quite hysterical in Taylor's arms before finally pulling away from the hug while sobbing as she said, "I'm an ENT doctor and I  stupidly equated the ways to deal with patients with different pain. He fainted and convulsed after I gave him a sedative. Looks like I gave the wrong medicine. "

Hearing Martha's explanation, Taylor rushed into the ER. Her heart was racing quickly to see several her fellow doctors swarming around and trying to help.

"How's his condition?" Taylor asked doctor Payne who played a significant role at this time.

"He's fine. His pulse has started to become  normal, and so is his heartbeat. Doctor Gomez and I will make sure he's okay. Can you please tell Doctor Hunt? She was very scared earlier. This wasn't her fault." Liam answered without looking at Taylor.

The young man seemed to be busy examining the patient with his stethoscope. Taylor sighed in relieved.

"She was trembling. She called me earlier while  crying."

"I know. Therefore, please take care of her. Just take her to her office, calm her down. Doctor Gomez and I will catch up after being able to ensure his condition is stable." Liam said firmly.

"All right. Call me, if you need my help."

Then, Taylor stepped out of the ER to approach Martha who crouched down and bowed her head, crying with her trembling body. She was  right on the wall next to the emergency room door.

Taylor kneeled before Martha and strokes Martha's back. "Hey, he's fine. Liam asked you to calm down and not panic. How about we go to your room now?"

Martha lifted her face wet with her cheeks stained with tears. "I almost killed him with my self-righteous attitude. I almost killed him. I will never forgive myself for what happened to him."

Taylor went silent. She suddenly thought of the memory when she failed to save a patient who got into an accident in Nashville one year ago. That's even worse than this. Taylor really failed to save him. He died.

"Your intentions are good, Mar. You just want to help him, because he really needs help."

Martha shook her head. "But I almost killed him. I almost killed him!"

Taylor shook her head. "You have absolutely no intention of killing him, Martha. You just want to help him. Stop blaming yourself."

But Taylor's words did not make Martha calm down at all. The girl again hid her face between her hands. Taylor knows, Martha is a very sensitive doctor. Her heart is too soft and it's only natural if she cries like this.

The door to the emergency room opened, making Taylor and Martha look at the door. Liam walked outside and his eyes immediately rested on Martha who was crouching there. Taylor hurriedly got to her feet and helped Martha get to her feet.

"Are you alright, Mar?" Liam asked, looking very worried. Martha just bowed her head without answering.

Taylor sighed, "I can't calm her down, doctor Payne. How about you try instead? Let me help Selena inside."

Liam nodded and smiled faintly. "Thank you, doctor Swift. When you're finished, can you please make a report and put it on my desk?"

Taylor immediately nodded her head and smiled.
"I'll go in now, and Mar, everything's going to be alright."

Taylor sent a wink at Liam before stepping into the emergency room, helping Selena make the final procedure.

"Hey, can I help you?" Taylor greets Selena who is putting an IV in the patient's hand. Selena took a deep breath and slowed her breath before staring at Taylor.

Selena wiped the sweat that formed on her forehead. "No, thanks. It's over." Selena sighed and leaned her back against the wall that was close to her.

Taylor smiled and walked over. "You did a good job today. Congratulations."

Selena shook her head. "Not me, but doctor Payne. I just helped him and tried not to panic."

"Rest up. I'll double check and make a report." Taylor reaches for the clipboard that must belong to Liam and the pen beisde her.

"Shouldn't you be going home? This is no longer your work hour."

Taylor walked towards the patient as she began to put on her stethoscope on his chest. "This is also not your work hour and doctor Payne and also Martha. I guess being a doctor doesn't have work hours because we don't know when people need us."

A smile appeared on Selena's lips. The brunette doctor folded her arms over her chest and said, "I think I understand why the Chairman often trusts you more. Maybe, in a few moments, you will become a professor, Taylor."

Taylor chuckled. "I'm not after that title."

Taylor switches to check the patient's pulse with his hand before recording the results of the examination and walks back to Selena.

"He can be moved to the treatment room. Where is his family and what is his name?" Taylor asked Selena.

"His name is Ahmed, based on his identity card. I don't know where his family is. He came here alone with his body full of wounds, it looks like it came from a recent fight. It looks like he's one of the victims of bullying of the majority." Selena explained.

Taylor recorded Selena's explanation before saying again, "I'll ask my friend who works in the government of the population to track his family, if until tomorrow he is unconscious. For the time being, we will just let him rest."

Selena nodded. "I'll immediately call the nurse to move him into another room. You can go home, Taylor. Rest. You came straight to the hospital after Zayn's house, right?"

Hearing Zayn's name being called, Taylor remembered the strangeness in the handsome man's house.

"I'm going home after putting the report on doctor Payne's desk. Do you want to go home with me?" Taylor asked.

Selena smiled and shook her head. "Well, Niall invited me to dinner."

Taylor chuckled and nodded. "All right, I understand. Good luck with your date with Niall."

"It's not a date, it's just dinner!" Selena protested.

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Sel. Tell him I said hi. I'm leaving. See you tomorrow," Taylor said goodbye and stepped out of the emergency room.

Taylor walked away from the emergency room and went to her room first. Taylor tidied the table and took a few files before putting them in a bag. After making sure nothing was left behind, Taylor stepped outside the room and quickly locked the room. At the same time, Taylor could clearly hear the squeaking of the door together with a familiar voice.

"Damn it, Jill! I just arrived this morning and I  haven't rested at all! Do you want to kill-," The man said to someone who was interrupted when his eyes met Taylor's bright blue eyes.

Like the man, Taylor froze, not knowing what to do. Her heart beat abysmally. The eye contact lasted long enough for Taylor to close her eyes and shake her head.

"I'll call you later," The sentence was said before ending the call unilaterally and putting back his phone into his pocket.

Harry Styles closed his eyes, took a deep breath and slowed himself before steadily staring back at the blonde haired girl who stood frozen not far from him. An awkward smile appeared on Harry's lips. His slightly waved his hand at her.

"Hi, how are you?"

Harry himself did not understand why the question suddenly came out from of his mouth.