3.

"I-IS FINNICK ALIVE

"I-IS FINNICK ALIVE..."

--¤☆¤--

It had been three days since me and Dr.Pages 'conversation', I kept track by the sounds of radio chatter. I was still being kept in the dark of what happened after I 'died'. All I knew was that I was still in the Capitol and that somewhere here was Johanna. She was alive⎯hopefully. She had to be.

"My name is Athena Grey. I am twenty three years old. I won the 66th Hunger Games. I survived the 75th Hunger Games. I'm in the Capitol. Everyone thinks I'm dead⎯I'm better off dead. Everyone I knew is dead because of me." I muttered, staring at the bland walls that surrounded me.

"Finnick. Finnick, it's no use." Another voice adds, as I could faintly hear the sound of a scuffle.

I wish that I could open my eyes, but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. Using what very little energy that I had left, I tried to say something but to my disappointment nothing came out. Not even a groan or a grumble, just silence. I wanted to scream out, 'I'm here! I'm alive!' But, I couldn't.

"Finnick! Finnick⎯hey⎯She's gone. She's gone." Another voice said, that sounded a lot like Johanna.

"My name is Athena Grey. I am twenty three years old. I won the 66th Hunger Games." I muttered, my eyes brimming up with tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." I beg, making him nod.

"I do. You know, I always knew that it would end like this. You and me." He says, as he kneeled down in front of me.

Cracking the whip with as much force as I can muster, it wraps itself around his neck tightly. His breathing chokes up. I wanna go home. I don't want to have to do this. Tears flooded my eyes, as I looked down at my district partner who was holding up his arms to the sky. As if he were praying for his awaiting death. It didn't matter what I wanted at that moment, it's what he wanted. And he wanted me to be the one to do it.

"I'm so sorry Ares. I'm so sorry." I whisper, pressing the button.

"My name is Athena Grey. I am twenty three years old. I'm in the Capitol. Everyone thinks I'm dead." I muttered, letting the tears fall freely.

"Finnick! Finnick⎯hey⎯She's gone. She's gone." Another voice said, that sounded a lot like Johanna.

"My name is Athena Grey. I am twenty three years old. I'm in the Capitol. Finnick thinks I'm dead." I muttered, trying to hold back a sob.

"Really? So you don't mind if I go talk to Peeta. He is kinda cute. A fresh face. In need of some older experience." I said, teasing him.

"Nope! Not happening. He has a fiancée, and you have me." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist to stop me from leaving.

"I'm only teasing, Finn." I said, smiling at his protective manner.