5.

"J-JOHANNA

"J-JOHANNA.."
--¤☆¤--

Walking side by side with Peeta, I gripped his hand, rubbing my thumb on the back of his soothingly every so often. Peeta was on my right, while a Peacekeeper was on my left with a grip on my arm and a hand on my lower back to ensure that I would follow them to where they were leading us to. Looking around at my surroundings, I couldn't help but think that the hallway was eerie looking and that this hallway seemed to go on for miles and miles.

At first I had shrugged off, the pictures aligned onto the walls, thinking that they were some stupid decoration. Looking at the picture carefully, my stomach dropped as I realised what they were exactly. They were pictures of previous tributes and victors. Their names, district, and the year they were in the games and how they died were printed on the bottom.

"Amy Jones, district eight. Felicity Martin, district four." Peet mutters, reading each name.

Continuing to walk, I stopped in front of one of the pictures. Tears building up at the sight of it. This picture stood out not only to me but to everyone, this photo was directly placed on the wall for me. The picture was of Ares from back at District Ten. He was standing in a grass field with an older looking woman at his side. His mom.

Looking down at her, his eyes were slightly squinted from how big his smile was; he was just radiating with so much love for this woman. This picture was personal, this was the type of picture you would see hanging in a house. Not here in the Capitol. This picture was put there to stand out, not blend into the crowd of bland tribute pictures.

"Is that? Is that really true?" Peeta asks, referring to the description as I blink away the tears.

"His name was Ares Greenwood. He had just turned eighteen. He was my district partner back in my games." I said, biting my lip.

"I'm really sorry, Athena." He whispers, as the grip on my hand tightens.

"Don't be Peeta, he's the one who's dead." I said, shrugging off his worried look.

Tugging on my arm, the Peacekeeper's begin to drag us to two large wooden doors not before stopping us in front of them. Knocking on the door, a faint 'come in' was heard making the doors open wide. Ushering us into an extravagant looking office type room, I stared at Snow, who was standing in front of a large T.V screen giving him the biggest glare I could muster. The grand high asshole was blessing me with his presence.

"Snow." I spat, his name dripping off my tongue with disgust.

"Ah, Miss.Grey. I've heard that you had many questions when you woke up. For that I'd like to show you a video. This may help answer some of your questions." He said, drawing my eyes to the screen.

Looking up at the T.V. screen, I waited for the video that I would be shown, biting my lip in anticipation. The camera pans out to show the shoreline of the Arena, in the corner of the screen was the date and time. Day two, 4:15pm. That had to be a few hours after I had 'died'. Nerves build up inside me as the realization that I would see the group reaction to me 'dying'.