Arc 1: Chapter 2

The next day when Hyejin- Elenor woke up, she was hoping everything was a dream and that she was back in her tiny apartment. To her disappointment she was still in the world she created.

Although Elenor wasn't feeling great, she had to suck it up and try to go through this world. Perhaps once this story is completed she will be able to get back to her own world. Thinking about it more deeply, even if she did nothing as a villainess, other ladies will do the same to the heroine since the prince was popular among ladies.

'Perhaps I can just avoid the heroine and wait until the story ends with them getting together..'

She turned to Alec asking him a question, "What day is it today?"

Professionally, Alec answered her question, "It is the 20th of January milady."

"Year?"

"1XX6 milady."

'A year before the coming-of-age.'

In this world setting, at the age of sixteen is the coming-of-age which meant that she was only a year away before the story unfolds. Elenor could feel her stomach getting the butterflies, thinking of how she will be able to watch the love story that she had created. She could feel the sides of her lips curving up but quickly prevented it, remembering Alec was still present.

As much as she was happy, she knew what was going to happen to the villainess which is herself now. Within a year after becoming sixteen, she will be killed. In order for that to not happen, she didn't need to change the plot, instead she just needed to change this person she had become and persuade Alec not to kill her. With that in mind, Elenor quietly cheered herself up before turning to Alec.

"Alec,"

"Yes milady?"

"Have you eaten?"

"..."

Alec stared at her, confused at her different behaviour. Elenor had a smile on her face as she patiently waited for him to answer. After a long pause, he finally replied,

"Yes milady, I wake up early so I will eat my breakfast beforehand."

"Ah, that makes sense..." she muttered to herself, wondering what else she could say but he beat her to it.

"Why are you suddenly asking milady?"

"I was only wondering because if you haven't I would have asked if you wanted to eat with me.."

Her answer confused him further as he didn't reply back longer than before. Elenor fumbled with her fingers before speaking once again,

"...Let's..let's go outside shall we?"

Hearing her suggestion, Alec snapped back and nodded before he bowed, "I will prepare a carriage for you then."

Elenor quickly shook her head, "No! I-I mean garden, yes let's go to the garden!"

Alec blinked his eyes at her before nodding, "Oh I see, my apologies for the misunderstanding."

She sobbed in her heart, 'I want to go home...'

The two headed out of her room and walked into the garden. Elenor couldn't mask her admiration for the garden. It was absolutely beautiful, colours so vivid and bright yet it never seemed to be clashing against one another. She could tell the gardener of this household truly cared and tended to the flowers.

'I salute you Mr gardener.'

She began to walk around the garden, finding everything fascinating. She never exactly wrote how Elenor's household looked other than saying it was beautiful that even people who visited would always try to stay longer because of how beautiful this place was.

"Seems like writing how beautiful it was worked.." Elenor mumbled quietly to herself, brushing her finger lightly on the flowers.

Then she felt something touch against her finger. Elenor looked down at it and realised she had pricked herself with a thorn. The blood was oozing out but it wasn't severe since it was only a thorn.

"Milady are you okay?" Alec asked, taking out his handkerchief out from his jacket's breast pocket.

He was about to wipe the blood off her finger when Elenor instinctively sucked on her finger. She paid no mind to it but noticing how shocked Alec looked, she realised what she had done without knowing.

'....Fuck'

Quickly, she took her finger out from her mouth and nervously smiled,

"Uh..let's go back inside and clean this wound." Elenor spoke trying to avert the attention to something else.

Before he could respond back, she already fled back inside, cursing herself in the heart for being so foolish and doing the habits she had before this. A maid then helped her clean the wound and placed a tiny band aid. She mumbled a small 'thank you' and she saw the surprised look she had on her face.

After that, the whole day she decided not to leave the room and gather all her thoughts together. She had to plan further ahead on what she should do next or else she really will die.

Alec wasn't standing too far or close from Elenor, the perfect distance between them. She sat at her desk, taking some papers, a fountain ink pen and wrote down her thoughts on it.

Since Elenor was the creator of this world, she knew the settings and history of it. She wrote down everything she knew and remembered down on the paper including every character she had created and their backstory.

She didn't need to worry about Alec looking and trying to read it since the language here is different. Once she was done writing everything down, she stared at it before nodding in satisfaction, putting it into her desk drawer.

She got up and stretched her body before looking out the window. The sun was setting, a mixture of orange, yellow and red, creating a beautiful ombre in the sky. Elenor admired the view for a while before Alec said he would head out to prepare the bath for her.

Nodding, Elenor muttered out, "Thank you."

Alec didn't say anything and bowed, leaving her room. When the doors shut, she exhaled a loud sigh, slouching her shoulders. It was only a day and she already felt so exhausted. She felt that she really took her life for granted before coming to this world.

Not long after, Alec came back to inform her about the bath. Elenor made her way to the bathroom and took her time soaking in the nice warm water. Thankfully when she asked the maids to let her bath alone, they said nothing and left without a question. Elenor blew bubbles into the water, letting her muscles relax into it.

She returned back to her room after a nice long bath, wrapped in a long bathrobe and her hair wrapped in a towel.

She sat down in front of the vanity and dried her hair with the towel that wrapped around her head.

"Milady I can do it for you." Alec said, stepping closer.

Elenor looked at him through the mirror and nodded, "Ah alright."

He took the towel from her hands and gently dried her hair, massaging her scalp at the same time. Her eyes fluttered shut, enjoying this moment of being pampered. She completely forgot that she was a noble with privileges.

-

Alec watched Elenor with hawk eyes. Her eyes were closed shut and a relaxed smile plastered on her face. He narrowed his eyes, observing her more.

Since yesterday, she has been acting unusual and even today she was writing in an odd language that he had never seen before. Alec had his suspicions but decided not to say anything until he could confirm something was odd about the person he was serving.

"This feels nice...." she mumbled softly as if she was talking to herself.

The only thing Alec could comment about his milady was that she was acting weird. The milady he knew never acted like this. He made a mental note to observe her even more closely.

---

Author's note: i'm thinking of posting on monday and wednesday, and saturdays if i feel jazzy to post HAHAH