Chapter-12

Arinya's POV

I was in my cabin collecting the necessary stuff for the meeting. I looked at the clock and it showed 9:25 AM. I grabbed my phone, laptop and a file and headed towards Mr. King's office.

I am feeling much better than yesterday and I really appreciate Mr. King's gesture. At first he lost his temper at me but when he got to know the real story he apologized to me and gave me a day off from work. It was pretty unlike of what I've heard about him.
But what I've personally analysed is that he might be cold or arrogant sometimes but he's still kind at heart and affectionate too. Also of course to run such a big empire a person has to follow some ethics and adapt a certain behavior. I must say that he does a really great job at it.

I rushed to his office and knocked the door before entering. He allowed me to enter and I stepped in. I saw Mr. Allen already sitting in the room. I greeted both of them and Mr. King gestured to me to sit as well. I sat on the chair beside Mr. Allen and placed my laptop and file on the desk. The meeting started and it went on smoothly. Both of them liked the modifications I did in the current designs.

We were about to end the meeting when we heard a knock on the door. Mr King frowned confusedly and looked at his wristwatch for a fraction of second. He said "come in" to whoever it was and the door opened. A lady around my age entered. She had strawberry blonde hair and was wearing a beige bodycon dress. Her face was all caked up with make-up. Overall she looked pretty sophisticated. She walked directly towards Mr King who was sitting across the desk. He stood up and the lady caught him off-guard by hugging him. Mr Allen and I too stood up.

Mr Allen muttered something under his breath and I vaguely heard. "The bitch is back."

I was feeling so out of the place at that moment.

"Hy Ashton, it's been so long." The lady spoke.

"Yeah." is all what Mr King said. He didn't look convinced at all to have any sort of conversation with whoever the lady was.

The lady looked in our direction and rushed towards Mr Allen.
"Oh Aaron, you're here too. That's so nice." She said hugging him too.

"Yup." He replied giving her a fake smile.

"Ahm Natalia we've an important meeting going on in here so if you can just excuse us." Mr King broke his silence.

"Oh Ashton, I came to the office after 3 long months and you don't want to meet me?" She said with a very fake hurt laced in her voice. It came out more as a dramatic movie dialogue.
Mr King huffed in annoyance and just looked out of the window. I felt so awkward just standing there. I couldn't even leave because the meeting wasn't officially over yet.

"Listen...It's my office and we are supposed to work here. I am glad that you're back but I don't have time for these get-togethers. You too should get back to work now." He stated emotionless.

"But Ashton.." She started.

"I've a lot of important work to get done so it'd be better if you just leave now." Mr King said gesturing towards me and Mr Allen.

The lady now looked at me and studied me from head to toe with distaste clear in her eyes.
"Oh I see, important work huh? So important that you're humiliating me in front of some dumpster."

"Shut up Natalia and get the hell out of my cabin right now." Mr King shouted.

She eyed me one last time and flipped her perfect locks over her shoulder. I felt so bad due to her remark on me and I don't understand why people make a bad image of you in their minds before even speaking to you. That's just so sick.