Chapter 12

Bazil swung the gun in his fingers, leaning on the chair he just had sat in. It was a small home in which he had barged in along with his men. It wasn't even cemented, mere bricks were placed, one above another, providing them shelter.

The home solely consisted of two rooms and a small courtyard which had few plant pots in a corner. There was a little metal canopy under which laid two plastic chairs on  which Bazil was seated. Few of his men in the door and other standing behind him. "Call that bastard!"

There was a girl seated besides his legs who was somewhat 18, 19 years old and was almost shivering with fear. Sheer the sight of a silver pistol had taken life out of her let alone men in police uniforms.

"I-i have called him m-many times. He is not picking up." A woman in late fifties held the telephone in her hands, every now and then calling on her son's number which was off.

"Do something, bring that harami to me or else i am taking your daughter." He tapped the nozzle of the gun on girl's head who was hopelessly sitting, weeping as fear ran in her veins. She had turned cold seeing death from so close as she felt the gun pressed against the side of her head.

She didn't know what was the crime of her brother that a DSP was in search of him.

Bazil had a call, he slid his finger to attend the call and brought it to his ear. After nodding his head on whatever caller said, Bazil put phone back.

He stood up. "We will come back to take him. Sooner or later we are going to find him but if we came to know that any of you were hiding him anywhere then you will see my wrath." He pointedly looked at the old couple. "Jawaan larki ha ghar par iss liye chup chap ja raha hun."

(There is a young girl at your home that's why i am not creating a scene.)

"If that whoreson comes tell him we were here and don't try to sneak away 'cause i am going to find him anyways."

"We are not lying zwiya. Our son hadn't come home for days." Man with silver hair spoke who seemed to be his father.

Elderly aged woman who was too frightened, spoke. "Yes son, we aren't lying. Last time he came was when my husband's health was way too ustable and we couldn't pay the fee of hospital." She sniffled as tears made its way down her eyes making Bazil's heart soft for a moment.

"He came that night to me with a huge amount of money which was enough for his father's operation. On asking he said he had borrowed that from a friend. I didn't know which of his friend had this much money because all were poor but i d-didn't ask him back then." She cried out, "we needed money back them so much."

Bazil nodded, coming out of that small home. He noticed people in the unpaved street were already whispering things standing here and there. As they saw him come out, all excused themselves and Bazil sighed. He didn't know why people loved gossiping so much on someone's loss.

He had a guilt after listening to that old women words. May be he sould have listened to them first. May be he shouldn't have been so harsh towards them. May be they weren't hiding him. May be they didn't know at all what their son had done.

***

"They were poor. Their clothes were so worn. The girl was their daughter which i used against them." Bazil was speaking and Zaman was the one glaring, "ok i know, it was wrong but sometimes you have to go this far just so they spit out the truth."

"Did they say anything?"

"They kept on saying they don't know where their son is. He hasn't come home ever since his father's operation but the last time he came he brought some money to pay for his father's operation."