The Cave Of Two Lovers

we stopped by a river so aang could learn water bending.

'you guys are gonna be done soon, right?' said sokka after we'd been there for a while.

we were all in our swimsuits, as me and sokka had a break and they practiced.

'we've got a lot of ground to cover if we wanna make it to omashu today.'

'what, like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?' teased katara

'i can be ready in two minutes. seriously. whenever.' said sokka

'of course you can' i said, going back to the leaf parachute i was making.

'hey sokka' i said.

he looked over to me and lazily said, 'what'

i flicked water at him and he jumped off of his leaf boat.

'oh you're on' he said, throwing as much water as he could onto me.

i splashed water on him and we started having a water fight.

but then he stopped.

i giggled and turned around to see some singing travellers coming our way.

'don't fall in love with a traveling girl. she'll leave you broke and broken hearted...' sang a man as they danced towards us.

'heh-hey! river people!' he said, looking at us.

'we're not river people.' i said

'you're not?' questioned the man, 'well then what kind of people are ya?'

aang paused, 'just... people.'

'aren't we all, brother?'

'who're you?' asked sokka, walking over to them.

'im chong, and this is my wife lily. we're nomads, happy to go wherever the wind takes us!'

me and aang smiled

'you guys are nomads that's great! i'm a nomad!'

'hey, me too.' said chong

'i know... you just said that.' aang said, flatly

'oh' he said, then looked at sokka, 'nice underwear.'

sokka smiled nervously and held momo in front of him.

i giggled and he rolled his eyes and smiled, trying to hide his embarrassment.

we put our normal clothes back on and followed them to a clearing.

they braided flowers into our hair and told us tales of the places they'd been.

'hey, sokka, you should hear some of these stories. these guys have been everywhere.' grinned aang

'well, not everywhere, little arrowhead. but where we haven't been we've heard about through stories and songs.' smiled chong

'they said they'll take us to see a giant night crawler.' said aang

'on the way there's a waterfall that creates a never-ending rainbow.' said one of the travellers, moku.

'look, i hate to be the wet blanket here, but since y/n is busy i guess it's up to me. we need to get to omashu. no sidetracks, no worms, and definitely no rainbows.' said sokka

'whoa... sounds like someone's got a case of "destination fever," heh. you're worried too much about where you're going.' said chong.

lily spoke up, 'you've gotta focus less on the "where" and more on the "going."'